ESPN exits from the Asian market

Pugazhbalaji said:
is the rights of espn is still with them ?

indian rights won by star india not espn. So no problem it stays with star. Other rights also should remain with star since this is a buyout and not a split.

Regarding channels, espn brand name belong to disney so i think they would rename it.

ESPN will be renamed.. so nothing to worry reg. cricket rights..

shawl_who said:
I think the name of the channel will be changed, from ESPN to say something like Star Sports 2, just like Sky sports 1, 2,3 etc.

i think ESPN name will be Fox Sports

lets wait...

Fox sports is already one sports network in australia

guys here is one unconfirmed news on the rebranding of ESPN...

As News Corp completes the acquisition of Disney's 50% stake in the ESPN STAR Sports, the media group will stop using the ESPN brand in most Asia markets from next year.

News Corp was unable to comment the move, but it is widely understood that the Fox Sports brand will replace ESPN in most Asia markets.

But before that major move takes place, News Corp has kick started the task of integrating Disney's 50% share of ESPN STAR Sports into the Fox International Channels Asian business.

In the coming months, all ESS teams, excluding India, will be fully integrated into FIC Asia, effectively becoming the sports division of FIC Asia. ESPN STAR Sports India will be integrated into Star India.

The process of integration is likely to take six to 12 months.

After the dust settles, News is widely tipped to up the ante on its sports properties across the region with more channels, more HD, more non-linear and more local productions.

The moves in Asia also mirror similar moves around the world, particularly for Fox Sports US, Sky Sports in UK, Germany, Italy and Fox Sports Australia.

During 2012, News Corp has invested to buy out the minority shareholders of Fox Sports Latin America and fully integrate the operation into the FIC Latam business; launch Fox Sports in Brazil; buy 100% of ESS; form a JV with Softbank in Japan to launch Fox Sports Japan next February and buy the majority of the Dutch Football League channel business.

Marketing, News Corp to drop ESPN brand across Asia, SINGAPORE, MEDIA, Sports Marketing, Pay TV, Broadcasting, | Market-interactive.com

karthik said:
Fox sports is already one sports network in australia

It will Start in India..as we seen FoxActionMovies started which in Collaboration with Star India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock