Breaking Exclusive Broadcast of India’s tour of West Indies on DD Sports on all Cable & DTH platforms

Commentary on dd sports be like
Specialy after got used to one language commentary at a time
LLLMPuO.jpg

So how did DD get the rights of India's Tour of West Indies. Did they buy the rights or is it based on a revenue sharing agreement ? DD Sports, Eurosport, 1Sport & others should tie up with Amazon Prime Video, Fancode to air West Indies, Ireland, New Zealand, Nederlands, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and other cricket matches and even other sports on their channels. Issue remains that these broadcasters already r struggling to make revenue so investing in such rights may not yield any good result for them, rather it may deepen losses, still it is better to suffer some losses to build a good content base.

I very well understand why star sports or sony r not picking up these rights bcoz they have to invest a lot of various other prominent sports properties and prices for them have shot up steeply over last 7 or 8 years, if they invest in less popular events or rights then the investment cost goes up. Already it is a quite a uphill task to recover heavy investment made in key sports properties, if they buy say NZ cricket rights then again expenditure will go up but it will not add anything to revenue. In age of OTT further niche viewers r likely to skip watching such content on TV and they r main audience for this. I think just like Sony and DD tied up with Fancode for India's Tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies, similar tie ups will b seen in future .

We never know, in future Fancode might launch their own TV channel

Being public broadcaster airing betting based so many ads inbetween live match not a good move.
I think it's become big joke, Govt/Public broadcaster DD itself promoting 1xb, AVR like Ads. I don't understand one thing why they are not Saying ad Money Importance instead of National importance.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock