Few changes in installion process

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 10,338
for a recording purpose while we are watching that same channel and recording that channel and we are using only one cable from dish to the set top box then there will no change in signal strength..

but if you are watching another channel and recording another channel thru a single cable then there is a possibley that if they are from different tp with differenct polrisation such as vertical or horizontal then there will be drop in signal strength so the recorded contain may be not be smooth to watch

the most prefered for DVR is to have two cable one for viewing and one for recording . so that customer do not have problem to get both contain very well.. some dth company have opt to have one cable........... after knowing this kind of problem now they have moved to have 2 cable running from lnb to set top box..

now a days DVR has two lnb input ( input 1 for viewing and input 2 for recording)
if we have one cable connected to input 1 only then recording will not be able to take place it will work as normal HD set top box

RDTV is provided 2 cable for HD DVR from the day the launch of HD DVR. i think it is the best option...in my view...:lol

//////////

as for the information

SUNDIRECT - POL ALL HORIZONTAL
DDDIRCT PLUS - POL ALL VERTICAL
TATA SKY -POL ALL HORIZONTAL
DISH TV -POL HAS VERTICAL AS WELL AS HORIZONTAL
RELIANCE - POL HAS VERTICAL AS WELL AS HORIZONTAL
VIDEOCON -POL HAS VERTICAL AS WELL AS HORIZONTAL
AIRTEL -POL HAS VERTICAL AS WELL AS HORIZONTAL

those people who know how to tune satelilte they will know when we track tatasky, sundirect, and dddirect plus
we first track first tp and bring it to max strength.. and when we check other tp they have also max stength as they are same polarization

but for other we first set signal from vertical tp to maximum and with then sqew to get the maximun on horizontal tp so that both have max stength. the stength of both vertical and horizonat tp are always differenct.

sqew is rotating lnb toward right or left to get max signal...............

Hello,
I have a Tata Sky HD DVR connection. When it was installed in 2011, they laid 2 cables from the antenna to STB for the purposes discussed earlier here.
Now I have moved to a new location and its not possible to have 2 cables running from antenna. So I insisted to technician to have only one cable.
Now I was ready to compromise on recording facility but now with single cable, I am not able to view the channels properly.
The behavior is quite strange and one of following is observed randomly:
- Most the channels are available. (very rare)
- none of the channels are available. (Gives the message that No signal available)
- alternate channels are available. (quite frequent)
- recording works fine as far as the channel is available.

I tried connecting the cable coming down from antenna to different input port on STB but that works for that time only(considering I do this when I was not receiving any signal)

So I was wondering how can I overcome this problem.
As per earlier posts, I should be able to view all the channels properly with single cable and only recording can be affected.

The technician mentioned about the splitter but also said its currently unavailable as Tata Sky has stopped using it. He was going to check in local market, but no response.
I was thinking to look for one myself in local market.
Would that work? Any suggestions/tips for the same?

Can I get it online in India? Even if someone can point to a link(Indian/Foreign) which tells more info/type/image of such splitter, that would help me a lot while buying it. I have no knowledge on the same :)

Thanks in advance :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock