"Focus Haryana" will be added by TataSky soon!!

• Thread starter Thread starter shawl_who
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 4,463
There is no problem with TS adding all types and genres of channels. However now that they have sufficient space they should be adding the channels which have been demanded since long time by many subscribers, especially those popular channels which are already available on other DTH platforms. I am not sure I have seen anybody actually demanding Focus Haryana. If it is a popular channel in Haryana, well and good.

So you think demanding a channel on a public forum instead of sending them email will actually bring that channel on TATASKY. I think not bro. TATASKY has 12 million subscriber base and I think all subscribers are not active in forum. If some DTH operator is adding some channels then they must have done some market research about those channels they are adding.

A public forum is also a source of market research. DTH providers also have people browsing thru Internet forums and social networking sites to gauge information. Tell me how you know which are the most demanded / popular channels? Because of people mentioning those channels on public forums. You can also expect those same people to directly demand those channels from their DTH provider. Market research can be done in various ways. Also, service providers may have many commercial reasons adding channels to their service - and it may not be directly related to its high demand, most notable being a channel willing to pay high carriage fees.

Out of 238 channels on TATA SKY , there is not a single channel that has its complete focus on Haryana. So it will be a good addition for the people of Haryana to get news of their State.And if people feel that it is a crap and it will be a disaster for the hard earned bandwith , then I think it should be same for every regional channel to which we do not find ourselves attached.

Armaan said:
Out of 238 channels on TATA SKY , there is not a single channel that has its complete focus on Haryana. So it will be a good addition for the people of Haryana to get news of their State.And if people feel that it is a crap and it will be a disaster for the hard earned bandwith , then I think it should be same for every regional channel to which we do not find ourselves attached.

Oh, yeah. Absolutely agree with your sentiment. :)

The whole point of Tata Sky's current endeavour is to generate enough space and cater to all regional markets adding the most popular channels from each region. No specific region can or should be neglected. Every subscriber has the right to demand channels specific to his or her region as well as liking. Problem is TS has been lagging behind other DTH providers for far too long with a huge number of subscribers and therefore each customer has his or her own priority list of channels!

As I ve said this earlier also, bcoz most of the news channels are biased towards some political party or the other ( specially, these regional news channels), they are bound to get added, considering general elections are coming up!

gautamsky said:
TS just wants money by adding crap channels like India news and focus haryana

TS will add the channel if they got carriage fee or it will be forced to add the channel as per channel popularity & demand.

Back
Top Bottom