Free Dish aligning softwares for android phones

• Thread starter patash
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 46,578

patash

Reaction score
Friends following are the FREE applications that are free and usefull.

First is DreamBox satellite helper, EnigmaSignal Meter for android.
Saellite Director by zekitez, Dish Aligner smartConcept TN, SatFinder by Grzegorczyk, SatelliteLocator by Norsat International, DMSatFinder by Lukasz Modlinski, Smart Compass smartTools co, SatCal by SatMaps, SatelliteAR

The one which i liked is Multifeed Free Rasul Ismilov.

ashish

Dear also send google play store links. juts names isn't enough

Yes, these apps are really helpful. I dont have a signal meter with me, I do all the tuning with the help of these android apps only. :c

Indeed good ones however they need GPS hardware. And the data needs to be current and updated. The data can be updated from the internet using WiFi as well, just see that you still receive few Satellites while you are doing so.
Also requires Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Accelerometer sensors.
And Thanks Admin.

A

Yes i installed both dish pointer app and magnetic compass apps in my friends samsung s advance, the compass is very sensitive and nice. It always points to magnetic north of earth. It is sensitive, i brought a iron cutting plier near to the phone, there is about 20 deg deflection in needle due to variation in magnetic field in the presence of iron metal of pliers.

Dish pointer app requires our coordinates so it asks for internet in a android device which has assisted GPS But if it utilizes the GPS of 32 satellites maintained by united states then there is no need of internet, just go and stand in open space, you get your coordinates, but it is very slow(i'm using nokia 5235 symbian s60v5 it has this 32 satellite gps, no need of internet its free to air gps)
I think its same for Russian maintained GLONASS.

after dish pointer app gets your coordinates, it shows the satellites in sky, augmented reality, live in the sky using camera.

Offset dish creates illusion that satellites are near to horizon, but in reality they are somewhat up, means more in elevation almost overhead in south india(69 deq) it is obvious by seeing a prime focus dish elevation as compared to offset dish.

In dishpointer.com website, after selecting your coordinates in a map and also the satellite you want to receive, the satellite's true azimuth, magnetic azimuth is given. Azimuth and elevation has units in degrees.

Azimuth data is useful in rotation of dish in vertical axis and elevation data is useful for rotation of dish in horizontal axis.(here rotation of dish is for ultimate target the satellite in sky)

Out of the two azimuth data, we need magnetic azimuth value for aligning of dish using a magnetic compass. The magnetic azimuth value is already compensated for the local magnetic declination, we can use the value directly.
What is magnetic declination? See below

Hold your phone with magnetic compass app running, in your palm and keep your palm near to your belly or chest, your phone display should be parallel to the earth . Now the compass red needle always points in one direction, that direction is magnetic north. Now you rotate your body on your vertical axis then you will see the degree reading in your phone will vary, that number shows you how much your rotated from magnetic north, now you rotate until you get a reading of 205 degree(for example, this value is given for the selected satellite as azimuth(magnetic)) now the final direction you are facing after rotation of your body is the azimuth of satellite you are looking for, elevation can be adjusted by using the markings on the back of your dish antenna.

For using real compass also the procedure is same but you should rotate the compass only until the the red needle point coincides with zero degrees on the scale below. Now subtract 205 deg from 360 deg you will get 155 deg. Now hold the compass on your palm and rotate your whole body until the red needle points to 155 deg on the scale below. Now the direction you are facing is where the satellite is located in the sky.

Precautions to be taken:
1. The compass should not be operated near any magnetic materials like some metals, and remove the rings on your palm.

2. Do not use compass near the CRT display or any picture tube as it has strong magnetic field surrounding it because of deflection yoke.

3. Do not place compass on the terrace walls or pillar extention blocks as it contains iron rods inside the concrete.
All the above gives you errors in reading.
Use it only by holding it in our palm and take care that no magnetic material is there in the proximity.

Last edited by a moderator:
shawl_who said:
Yes, these apps are really helpful. I dont have a signal meter with me, I do all the tuning with the help of these android apps only. :c

:)hi i using ths app which satellite which dish how gessing

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock