Getting inspired doesn't mean copying films: Zoya

Reaction score
She represents all that is new in Bollywood yet Zoya Akhtar daughter of filmmaker Javed Akhtar is swamped with queries about similarities between her latest film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and the bachelor sequel Hangover 2. "I have enough ideas of my own to follow what others have done.

My idea of getting inspired doesn't include copying films," Zoya fires back. For now, the Gen-next director's film is plagued with controversies-- the intense three-minute kissing scene featuring Katrina Kaif and Hrithik Roshan "There are some scenes that are crucial to a film," says Zoya. The tomato song featuring all the four lead characters, Katrina Kaif, Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol was reportedly shot for Rs 1 crore. " The tomatoes were not ripe, so the producer had to flow in fresh tomatoes for the shoot," laughs Zoya.

Meanwhile, the news doing the round that the film's leading ladies Kalki and Katrina are at loggerheads about not being part of the trailers. The actor is upset about being sidelined in the promos and promotional events of ZNMD. "It's all rubbish," brushes off Zoya, adding, "Kalki was there for the music launch and she couldn't turn up for some events as she is busy shooting for her next film Shanghai".

Controversies aside, Zoya had planned to do a road movie for long. "I always wanted to do a road movie but I didn't get down to writing it for a long time," she signed off.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Getting-inspired-doesnt-mean-copying-films-Zoya/articleshow/9109700.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock