HD Access Fee For Diamond, South Diamond, Platinum and South Platinum Packs

• Thread starter Thread starter Aujas Tejas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 4,108

Aujas Tejas

Reaction score
Premium HD Access Fee for Diamond and Platimum Packs Launched by Videocon d2h

Videocon d2h launches Premium HD Access Fee @Rs.150 For Diamond and Platinum Packs

which gives arround 26 HD channels

information available on website

South Super Premium HD Access Fee For South Diamond and Platinum Packs

South Super Premium HD Access Fee for South Diamond and Platinum Packs @Rs.175 launched

which gives 30 HD channels

RE: South Super Premium HD Access Fee For South Diamond and Platinum Packs

Its better to go fof New south platinum Hd.

For Diamond and New South Diamond pack users, it will definitely be useful since they are getting all the HD channels except Travel XP HD at Rs.535 (Rs.385+Rs.150) in Diamond pack and at Rs.560 (Rs.385+Rs.175) in New South Diamond pack which are lower priced when comparing Platinum HD and New Platinum HD packs.

For Platinum and South Platinum users, the price will become Rs.595 (Rs.445+Rs.150) for Platinum pack and Rs.620 (Rs.445+175) for South Platinum packs. The price is more than the existing Platinum HD and New South Platinum HD packs with no additional channels but with an unavailability of Travel XP HD though we are paying more!

This is more beneficial for ROI Diamond pack users since they are saving Rs.55 when comparing Platinum pack price.

This is somewhat beneficial for New South Diamond pack users since they are saying Rs.30 when comparing New South Platinum pack price.

This is a complete loss for Platinum and South Platinum pack users since they are paying more amount than Platinum HD and New South Platinum pack and one HD channel is also missing.

Now, if any user want to subscribe to Travel XP HD, they need to activate it via a-la-carte at Rs.23.

With a-la-carte, the prices will become as below.

Diamond pack + Premium HD Access Fee + Travel XP A-la-carte = Rs.558
New South Diamond pack + South Super Premium HD Access Fee + Travel XP A-la-carte = Rs.588
Platinum pack + Premium HD Access Fee + Travel XP A-la-carte = Rs.618
South Platinum pack + South Super Premium HD Access Fee + Travel XP A-la-carte = Rs.648

Now,

It is still beneficial for ROI Diamond pack users.
It is not required for New South Diamond pack users since they are saving only Rs.2.
Platinum and South Platinum pack users - Please stay away from HD Access Fee and select South Platinum HD and New South Platinum HD packs.

Not a wise move from D2H. They themselves should have known about the above facts for sure. But still I don't know the reason behind this move.

Great news bro..is this hd access or hd add on...
u hv access at 175/pm...strange !

It is still beneficial for ROI Diamond pack users.
It is not required for New South Diamond pack users since they are saving only Rs.2.
Platinum and South Platinum pack users - Please stay away from HD Access Fee and select South Platinum HD and New South Platinum HD packs.

Not a wise move from D2H. They themselves should have known about the above facts for sure. But still I don't know the reason behind this move.

[/quote]

This 5rs and channel count difference is due to the increase in service tax applicable from today. the platinum hd was launched earlier so for now its price is not increased. but as this new hd access service for new diamond and platinum is launched from 1st june it comes under the new service tax slab of 14%. platinum hd and new diamond prices might increase in the near future with the new service tax. d2h cant increase the price of these packs right now as they already increased in february 2015.

@swaroop

Then all the packs will get price increase. So the amount that I calculated will also get increase.

Sadiq said:
@swaroop

Then all the packs will get price increase. So the amount that I calculated will also get increase.

i already mentioned that they cant increase the prices of older packs right now as they did so in february 2015. this i came to know from customer care. its not even 4 months yet. price increase probably takes place once in 10-12 months. so definitewly prices will increase but may be between dec 2015-feb 2016. not before that.

and yes as per your calculations for now its better for platinum users to go for platinum hd rather than platinum with hd access.

Back
Top Bottom