Good News History TV18 SD broadcasting format changed to 16:9 Aspect Ratio

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,616
It has 16:9 AR since inception
Really?? 😮
When we had cable, we had FYI HD, so I was used to in watching in 16:9. But when we moved to Tata Sky, there was only FYI SD... and the picture looked stretched to me unlike other channels like Zoom, 9xm, etc.
Maybe that was my mistake. 😅

Really?? 😮
When we had cable, we had FYI HD, so I was used to in watching in 16:9. But when we moved to Tata Sky, there was only FYI SD... and the picture looked stretched to me unlike other channels like Zoom, 9xm, etc.
Maybe that was my mistake. 😅

Tata Sky like others downscaled HD feed but also altered aspect ratio to letter box format thus what subscribers got was screen with black bars and stretched picture.

Tata Sky like others downscaled HD feed but also altered aspect ratio to letter box format thus what subscribers got was screen with black bars and stretched picture.
oh yeah.. now I remember... FYI TV 18 HD didn't have the the HD in the logo like History & VH1
FYI TV18 launched in July 2016 in both HD and downscaled SD. For over 2 years TV18 never fully acknowledged the presence of an HD feed, even though it was running on Fastway and Sun Direct. The HD feed was officially launched only in October 2018.

FYI TV18 launched in July 2016 in both HD and downscaled SD. For over 2 years TV18 never fully acknowledged the presence of an HD feed, even though it was running on Fastway and Sun Direct. The HD feed was officially launched only in October 2018.

FYI TV18 just like its English Entertainment and Infotainment counterparts started with HD only feed and operators used to downscale it for SD subscribers. Some operators used to telecast this channel in original HD feed as well as downscaled version, previously channels got single licence and made it available to us in both feeds... Later on i believe govt made some changes and channels started getting different licence if they wanted to do so.

Viacom18 infotainment and english channels had just HD feeds till few years back, FYI TV18 though broadcasted in HD was never officially launched till some time back. Around 2016 or 17 all these channels started separate SD Feeds to leverage better ad revenue

As urban young people who are upwardly mobile, you and I can say that. But for many families it is not easy to buy an HD box (DTH or cable), or even a basic ₹8k or ₹15k 26"/32" LCD TV from Vu or Onida (not even LG let alone Sony which is the Apple of TVs). They may not be able to go for HD. For them 16:9 is as good as HD. Sony TV and Sony Sab have been quick to realise that.

Another good example is Sun Bangla. Sun knows it will not be justifiable to launch Sun Bangla HD, so it has made the SD channel among the best in picture quality (almost like HD). Ironically Sony Marathi is in SD (4:3) and the SPN network has been struggling to launch HD for over a year now.
Bro please give info about Star Sports 1 Marathi it is missing bro where is the channel actually and Sony network also not launched HD version of Sony Marathi.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock