Good News History TV18 SD broadcasting format changed to 16:9 Aspect Ratio

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,612
We are celebrating History TV 16:9 format. You guys know the existence of HD feed. Right? This is not a big benchmark in industry. I strongly discourage this move. Got HD tv. Buy HD channels as simple as that.

It's should be a crime buying HD TVs to watch SD channels when HD channels are available.

We are celebrating History TV 16:9 format. You guys know the existence of HD feed. Right? This is not a big benchmark in industry. I strongly discourage this move. Got HD tv. Buy HD channels as simple as that.

It's should be a crime buying HD TVs to watch SD channels when HD channels are available.
As urban young people who are upwardly mobile, you and I can say that. But for many families it is not easy to buy an HD box (DTH or cable), or even a basic ₹8k or ₹15k 26"/32" LCD TV from Vu or Onida (not even LG let alone Sony which is the Apple of TVs). They may not be able to go for HD. For them 16:9 is as good as HD. Sony TV and Sony Sab have been quick to realise that.

Another good example is Sun Bangla. Sun knows it will not be justifiable to launch Sun Bangla HD, so it has made the SD channel among the best in picture quality (almost like HD). Ironically Sony Marathi is in SD (4:3) and the SPN network has been struggling to launch HD for over a year now.

Last edited:
As urban young people who are upwardly mobile, you and I can say that. But for many families it is not easy to buy an HD box (DTH or cable), or even a basic ₹8k or ₹15k 26"/32" LCD TV from Vu or Onida (not even LG let alone Sony which is the Apple of TVs). For those families they may not be able to go for HD. For them 16:9 is as good as HD. Sony TV and Sony Sab have been quick to realise that.

Another good example is Sun Bangla. Sun knows it will not be justifiable to launch Sun Bangla HD, so it has made the SD channel among the best in picture quality (almost like HD). Ironically Sony Marathi is in SD (4:3) and the SPN network has been struggling to launch HD for over a year now.
Then they can watch in 4:3. We are stupid to upgrade to HD and 4K. Look. 👇
Source

Edit :
@JollyLNB bro. Sun is still experimenting in Bengali market. That's why they didn't launch it's HD feed. Meanwhile Sony is succeeding in creating demand for Sony Marathi HD.

Last edited:
Then they can watch in 4:3. We are stupid to upgrade to HD and 4K. Look. 👇
Source

Edit :
@JollyLNB bro. Sun is still experimenting in Bengali market. That's why they didn't launch it's HD feed. Meanwhile Sony is succeeding in creating demand for Sony Marathi HD.

Bhai, u r confusing 2 different things. We r advocating for SD channels to telecast content in original 16:9 aspect ratio. What u r referring to is Center Cut technique used by broadcasters to convert 16:9 format content into 4:3 for airing on SD channel or even remove black bars from 21:9 or 18:9 video while airing it on HD channels (MTV Beats does so).

Both in my opinion should be avoided unless content itself has been embarked 14:9, 4,:3 , , 169 safe by creator. Cropping is not the right thing to do.

Bhai, u r confusing 2 different things. We r advocating for SD channels to telecast content in original 16:9 aspect ratio. What u r referring to is Center Cut technique used by broadcasters to convert 16:9 format content into 4:3 for airing on SD channel or even remove black bars from 21:9 or 18:9 video while airing it on HD channels (MTV Beats does so).

Both in my opinion should be avoided unless content itself has been embarked 14:9, 4,:3 , , 169 safe by creator. Cropping is not the right thing to do.
You are advocating a wrong thing, period.

About 16:9 ratio on SD channels. That way most broadcasters will avoid launching HD channels.

Infact SD channels will be stopped as more people shift to HD box. Broadcasters will be more than happy to use HD Feed for SD subscribers if need be. Individual SD Feed will continue for some channels bcoz of various factors , specially if audience base of content is from different demographic and ads need to Mary

Everyone here suggesting SD feeds for the same channel should be shut down to promote the HD feed and focus on the development of that particular pool of channels. I would have agreed with this if TRAI hadn't messed up with the ncf fee charging two channel space for a single HD channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock