Discussion How DD Sports 1.0 is getting added by Pay TV operators

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 4,119
Fancode provided Ind tour Of WI hence it was available across DD Sports and not 1.0 or 2.0, here APV hasn't provided, hence there's a jugaad happening by Dth's and MSO's to provide DD Sports 1.0, involvement from APV would have resulted in broadcast all across DD sports and not just 1.0, also 1.0 isn't supposed to be carried by private DTH's and MSO (I suppose such scroll runs on 1.0 during a sports event), All in all 1.0 on private operators doesn't seem to be a legal approach.

It is legal if operators have worked out agreement with Amazon Prime Video to make the series available on their platforms via DD Sports. Basically operators have bought TV rights but just to showcase the series on their platforms unlike the case where Private TV Channels acquire rights and air it on their channels which is made available across various Cable & DTH Platforms

Its comes better HD my suggestion

Same is unlikely as even if operators agree to pay premium for availing the same (which is quite unlikely) then 1stly Amazon won't agree for that as then it stands to lose out on its own subscribers which does to great extent overlap the HD customer base & 2ndly Doordarshan won't launch event based HD channel to air the series just on DTH Platforms,

Fancode provided Ind tour Of WI hence it was available across DD Sports and not 1.0 or 2.0, here APV hasn't provided, hence there's a jugaad happening by Dth's and MSO's to provide DD Sports 1.0, involvement from APV would have resulted in broadcast all across DD sports and not just 1.0, also 1.0 isn't supposed to be carried by private DTH's and MSO (I suppose such scroll runs on 1.0 during a sports event), All in all 1.0 on private operators doesn't seem to be a legal approach.

Edit : One may say DD is providing these feeds, but then again A TV network is supposed to provide content to all operators at same price, DD is free, but it is mandatorily required to carry DD channels, in that case, DD Sports 2.0 itself would have been sufficient to carry the ongoing series (If acquired from APV), DD sports 1.0 and the race to bring it on platforms wouldn't have happened.
Yes there might be a loophole, that's what a jugaad is, these loopholes damage the interests of the rights holders, an irreversible damage.
Let's see what happens and what is the update pvt. dth will give for adding DD sports 1.0
My opinion is, all the match should be available for all the people irrespective of whatever people has DDFD, pvt.DTH or OTT.

It is legal if operators have worked out agreement with Amazon Prime Video to make the series available on their platforms via DD Sports. Basically operators have bought TV rights but just to showcase the series on their platforms unlike the case where Private TV Channels acquire rights and air it on their channels which is made available across various Cable & DTH Platforms
They should have just relayed ad free APV feed on one of their service channels and made that service channel free or at a particular cost, selling DD Sports and their adverts on Platforms, I don't APV in this, else there won't be a DD in between

DD Sports 1.0 can easily be converted to DD Sports HD by Prasar Bharti and can easily be added along with DD Sports 2.0 which too can be a SD channel.

All the matches will be available to everyone and no Confusion will be created.

Now, will Prasar Bharti agree, if don't this chaos will continue (My Viewpoint).

Let's see what happens and what is the update pvt. dth will give for adding DD sports 1.0
My opinion is, all the match should be available for all the people irrespective of whatever people has DDFD, pvt.DTH or OTT.

There r no restrictions on that....if private sports broadcasters acquires right they can make it available to all. Scenario is different for certain rights where TV rights remain unsold or r held by OTT platforms wherein operators or government needs to get involved and find a way to make the said event available on Pay TV platforms

Anyone tried to get confirmation from airtel digital tv customer care or airtel presence team about when DD Sports 1.0 will b made available on Airtel Digital TV platform?

Better indian govt - DD need to buy bcci and ipl rights.then. no need of Pvt broad caster for india..

This is only solution to solve all mono play of Pvt broad caster, dth.

Surely DD will earn profits through ads If they buy rights.
But not sure why indian govt DD didn't try to buy bcci, ipl rights so far.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock