How to get international Radio stations ?

mmadhankumar said:
Karthik bro, in order to receive international channels you really dont need any high cost big brand sound systems.

I have a compact radio which was purchased for just Rs.110 and i get so many international channels on SW band.

Bapun Raz said:
Sometimes i use my nokia symbian phone to listen internet radio, it has all country radio including international stations and indian ones. App was preloaded in my phone.

yes i also use this app and listen to many international channels. It has got many tamil radios too :tup

Hmm... Mostly i listen to Hindi section from it, plays both new and old songs good ones.. :tup 156 hindi stations, isn't that great.. :) But only 1 odia station.. :p

I have seen one world satellite receiver in a shop with little antenna. Is it worthable ?

Karthik said:
I have seen one world satellite receiver in a shop with little antenna. Is it worthable ?

Hi Karthik,

You can go for any SONY ICF series radio and GRUNDIG. Those radios are not currently available in india, those are expensive and has capability of receiving even the lowest signal. You can get it from other countries. Some radios are capable of receiving signal in SSB which are used by HAM radio operators. Listening to SW radio is called SW DXing. If you extend this has a hobby you can spend as much you can. to start with i would suggest go in for any branded SW radio with min of 2 bands SW1 and SW2 so you get the frequency streched. There was one chinese radio called Kchibo which i got it for Rs300 with 8 bands in it some 5 years, i added an external antenna it worked like charm.

Satvijay said:
Karthik said:

Hi Karthik,

You can go for any SONY ICF series radio and GRUNDIG. Those radios are not currently available in india, those are expensive and has capability of receiving even the lowest signal. You can get it from other countries. Some radios are capable of receiving signal in SSB which are used by HAM radio operators. Listening to SW radio is called SW DXing. If you extend this has a hobby you can spend as much you can. to start with i would suggest go in for any branded SW radio with min of 2 bands SW1 and SW2 so you get the frequency streched. There was one chinese radio called Kchibo which i got it for Rs300 with 8 bands in it some 5 years, i added an external antenna it worked like charm.

Where to get in india ?

Karthik said:
Satvijay said:
Karthik said:

Hi Karthik,

Where to get in india ?

SONY ICF series are available in the grey market ranges from 3k-15k, kchibo is available in most of the burma buzaars, in chennai and bangalore

Satvijay said:
Satvijay said:
There was one chinese radio called Kchibo which i got it for Rs300 with 8 bands in it some 5 years, i added an external antenna it worked like charm.
kchibo is available in most of the burma buzaars, in chennai and bangalore

this is the same brand i was referring here in this post..... i purchased it some 5 years back for just Rs.110 and it receives so many international channels :k:k:k

mmadhankumar said:
I have a compact radio which was purchased for just Rs.110 and i get so many international channels on SW band.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock