• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

How to receive DD DIRECT Plus DTH ?

Bapun Raz

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Receive System includes a small satellite dish (which is an antenna for receiving a satellite broadcast signal); a digital integrated receiver/decoder (IRD) also called STB (Set Top Box), which separates each channel and decompresses and translates the digital signal for viewing over a television; and a remote control.

Investment on the part of subscriber for receiving DD-DIRECT signal is only one time on receive system and no recurring monthly expenditure will have to be incurred by the viewer. As compared to other DTH systems, where a huge activation fee and a monthly subscription fee is charged, the DD DIRECT+ can be received without payment of any activation fees. Price of a receive system is less than Rs 3000/-. Once the technology gets induced the demand for the receive systems will increase and the prices would further comedown.

Installation of the Receive System:
Installation of the System is very easy and does not take much time. However the viewer has to take the services of skilled technical personnel to get the dish installed and oriented towards the Satellite, which is required to be carried out before the system starts receiving the DD DIRECT+ signals. Tuning/configuring the STB also is required to be done initially. Tuning procedure is normally supplied by the manufacturer along with the STB.
Some of the parameters which are required to be fed to the IRD are mentioned therein and are also given under the heading 'Satellite in use'.

Satellite in use:
A powerful Satellite INSAT-4B is being used to uplink the DD DIRECT+ signal. Reception of the signal has been checked to be available throughout the country.
Salient features of the satellite are listed below:
Orbit type: Geo-synchronous
Orbital location: 93.5° E
INSAT-4B is the latest Geo-synchronous Satellite of INSAT series with high power kU Band Transponders launched by ISRO in the beginning of the year 2007. Service parameters of the bouquet of channels, which have been put into operation at present, are as follows:
Transponder Pol Uplink Downlink Lnb SR FEC
Freq. Freq. FR

C13 (36 MHz) H/V 14040 10990 9750 27.5 3/4
C15 (36 MHz) H/V 14120 11070 9750 27.5 3/4
C17 (36 MHz) H/V 14200 11150 9750 27.5 3/4
C 19 (36 MHz) H/V 14290 11490 9750 27.5 3/4
C 21 (36 MHz) H/V 14370 11570 9750 27.5 3/4
In the beginning Doordarshan DTH started with three streams of 20 TV Channel, which is now upgraded to 5 streams of DTH bouquet, capable of transmitting 50 TV channels.
To install the channels following procedure is to be followed which is only suggestive. Viewers are advised to consult the installation manual supplied with STB or contact the nearest STB Dealer
1. Satellite Name:
a) Go to Installation menu or setup Programme from remote.
b) Select Satellite Edit menu.
c) Select Add New Satellite menu.
d) Select Sat Name Edit menu.
e) Enter Satellite Name as INSAT- 4B.
f) Enter Satellite Longitude as 93.5o E
g) Press Exit
2. LNB Configuration
a) Go to LNB Configuration menu. Ensure that satellite selected is INSAT- 4B only.
b) Set LNB Types as Universal.
c) Set LNB Power on.
d) Press Exit
3. Transponder (TP) Edit:
a) Go to Transponder Edit menu. Ensure that satellite selected is INSAT- 4B.
b) Select Add New TP menu.
c) Enter TP Frequency as 10990 MHz.
d) Select Symbol rate as 27500 ksps.
e) Select Polarization as Vertical.
f) Select Scan as FTA.
g) Press OK.
h) ‘22K’ OFF*
i) ‘Disc. Equal’. Off
After filling the above values Go to ‘search’
Press ‘OK’
The new TV and Radio services will be displayed. Similarly add all other four TPs by entering the frequency, symbol rate and polarization as given in Table above
Note: - The above-mentioned steps may be in, different order in some of the STBs.
In case there is any difficulty, viewers are advised to contact the nearest STB dealer.:)

ykb_1979

Registered
Reaction score
can we receive hotbird @13 east in delhi?if yes what is the minimum dish size to catch that bird?

ykb_1979

Vikram

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ykb_1979 said:
can we receive hotbird @13 east in delhi?if yes what is the minimum dish size to catch that bird?

ykb_1979
yes receive hotbird 6 feet ku band dish matel no fiber

Vikram

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
you want best result ku band use matel dish c band best result use fiber dish ----------ok

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Seeking Help Can iCAS STB receive DD National HD & DD News HD? DD Free Dish 20
RajKumar Bapun Raz bro is first member on forum to receive 50,000 likes! Achievements & Wishes 43
Zmint Sad News STB Model CD-1006S (Silver Box) unable to receive all Transponders Since June 21, 2018 Dish TV 7
Gurmeet singh I hunt 45east,also receive 48east channel C Band & KU Band Reception 1
R Shah Rukh Khan to receive Doctorate from President Pranab Mukherjee Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to receive 4th National Yash Chopra Memorial Award Bollywood 0
H Receive Multi satellite Signals in A Reciever STB & Satellite TV Equipments 4
Nilu334 tata sky fb page receive 1 million likes.. Tata Sky 23
B Guide me to receive KU band satillites C Band & KU Band Reception 0
Thakur Bangladesh to receive Beximco DTH service Foreign DTH Services 0
Ankit_bpl TDSAT Gives Two Options To Karnataka LCOs To Receive Channels From DEN Networks DEN Networks 0
R not able to receive dish tv free channels General DTH News & Discussions 2
waheedaup Help: Can I Receive Reliance & Sun DTH Signal on 2 Fee Dish? General DTH News & Discussions 0
shadabali First time I tracked eurobird9e but only 78 channel receive some channel scrambled Satellite Channels Updates 11
A Which ku band satellite signals receive in india C Band & KU Band Reception 5
A Suggest Can I have receive Astra 2F signal in kutch gujarat ku band dish General DTH News & Discussions 1
Thakur Marco Bellocchio to receive the Pardo d’onore at Locarno 2015 Hollywood 0
Thakur Four new channels receive MIB permission to launch in 2015 TV Channels News 5
Thakur Reliance Jio Media yet to receive MSO licence Digital Cable TV 0
L Good way to receive Broadcast during rains General DTH News & Discussions 1
P c band dish to receive ku band signals Tata Sky 2
T Unable to receive start hd, colour hd. Satellite Dish Setup 11
Satvijay any idea on how to receive DD terrestrial service in chennai Social Chat 2
P How do I aim my satellite dish to receive a specific satellite beam? or "What dish si Satellite Dish Setup 0
S want to receive fta chanel STB & Satellite TV Equipments 12