How Viacom18’s Paris Olympics coverage prioritises JioCinema, neglecting linear TV viewers

• Thread starter Thread starter DreamDTH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 1,256
Just watch wrestling highlights in Hindi. Some male commentator next to Sakshi Malik said. Saksi ke pass se do liter dhood kab khatam ho gaye. Pata Nahi chalta. Pathetic level hindi commentary. This is our standard when it comes to cover global sports.

Last edited:
Difference between sports lover and Rohit/Kohli worshipers. No you don't care about cricket either. This is why you were running around getting rights of football leagues that had Messi and Ronaldo from start. Just see the people who runs Bodhi Tree. I always had and have zero expectations. They skipped FIFA World's Cup midshow for Shahrukh Khan to lecture us about football.

Coming to tv broadcast. This team had experience covering Olympics in the past. They covered Rio Olympics for Star. They still haven't learnt anything from that. No one cares about magazine shows when live sporting events are going on. NBC in America has dedicated sister channels to cover Olympics. Here they could easily share rights with sister channel Star or using niche channels like they do for football leagues and NBA. Last time I criticised Sony for not covering enough events. I feel they covered more events as they even managed to air India's cricket along without affecting Olympics broadcast.

Meanwhile streaming is good not excellent. The annoying self promotion at start of Olympics while changing feeds was annoying. Also ads in between bouts of upcoming events are stupid. Just give the viewer and uninterrupted experience. Thankfully, it has reduced. Global and Indian highlights magazine shows are excellent. Dedicated feed is great. I wish we could go back and catch-up on live feed. It's streaming. This should be a basic feature. Also full day highlight feed of particular sports or full match highlights are missing. Credit where it's due. We have pretty much everything and every feed available to stream for free. There is no buffering on anything which is another good thing. Overall a great experience.

TV broadcast: 2/5
Streaming 5/5

Just watch wrestling highlights in Hindi. Some male commentator next to Sakshi Malik said. Saksi ke pass se do liter dhood kab khatam ho gaye. Pata Nahi chalta. Pathetic level hindi commentary. I am not gonna censor myself. This is our standard when it comes to cover global sports.
He is Sunil Taneja, a very good hindi commentator and Local sports expert. If you don't like him then you deserve this type commentary 👇

Do you find what he said about Sakshi and two litter milk funny?
This is just diffrence of mentality. He not said anything wrong. I also seen live match and not even think in this matter you are saying. There are many means of a word. And you have accepted only the bad form. He is just want to say "Agar Shakshi ke paas doo liter doodh rakh de toh wah kab kaa khatam kar de". There is nothing wrong in this. We all know wrestlers need so much milk and he just said this in funny way. It is because of people like you that comedy is disappearing from Indian television. People always taking only wrong mean of a word.

My review as 5 day's left only hd channels and apart from bmx , surfing , cycling , fencing almost all events covered by sports 18 today now they are airing park( sketing event)

Last edited:
NBC in America has dedicated sister channels to cover Olympics.
In India, every broadcaster wants to show sports events only on their sports channel and not on their Movie Or GEC and I hate that. Cricket is more valued than other sports that's why Cricket is broadcasted on sports and movie channels and sometimes entertainment channel too.

Sports 18 Network took only one inspiration from NBC & that is to put Olympics Logo at the bottom.

In America, if a big event is happening then NBC just simply hold back their entertainment shows to prepare themselves for LIVE Olympics which is the best thing.

Colors, Colors Rishtey, Comedy Central(picked CC instead of CI as CC has nothing new as of now), MTV and VH1 could broadcast the Olympics by holding their shows.

Jio cinema and sports18 broadcasted olympics the BEST.. i have seen ppl and sports enthusiasts praising jio for their exemplary olympics coverage .. first time in history of Indian sports broadcasting Jio sent their Best team of sports journalists to cover Indian contingent taking their interviews just after match, showing their behind the scenes live videos.. this olympics coverage is by Far the best.. 👍🏻💐👌🙌

Back
Top Bottom