Breaking "HTN Tiranga" (HTN News, Harvest TV) a New English News Channel by Barkha Dutt and Karan Thapar Launched - Discussions and Updates

This is ridiculous on multiple levels.

First, why would they even use the name Harvest TV? That is probably the worst name for a news channel. I understand they probably meant to create a controversy thus forcing the government to take action on their name change application and controversy is generally considered as good in business cycles. Even then this shows bad taste and lack of creativity and ingenuity and they spoiled most of the initial publicity/hype/brand awareness by choosing a weird, unrelated name.

Second, tiranga is not a bad name, but even that is not a good name for an 'english' news channel. They should have gone with probably a neutral and universal name (Reporter is such a great name). Again lack of creativity and ingenuity. If they want to fight Reporter head-on and be a serious player, they need much more than these cheap controversies and hullaballoos.

Third, why would they copy Harvest TV Logo without any copyrights? Even if they wanted to create a controversy by using the Harvest TV name, breaking copyrights like this affect their credibility as a news channel? Why would public believe a news channel that doesn’t think twice before forging documents or breaking copyrights? The credibility is probably one of the most important success factors for a news channel. They lost credibility even before having a chance to establish credibility.
Leaving Facebook

MIB approves last option provided by Veecon i.e HTN News, however Veecon raises objections to rejecting the earlier options.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock