I&B min notifies rules for cable TV networks

• Thread starter Gagan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,569

Gagan

Reaction score
New Delhi: The information and broadcasting ministry on Saturday notified the much awaited Cable Television Networks Rules, 2012, paving the way for digitalisation of the sector.
Officials said the I&B ministry has set June 30 as the date for digitalisation of the cable sector in the four metros and these cable rules would provide the framework on which the digitalised cable networks would provide services.

As per the new rules, cable operators and multi-sector operators (MSOs) will now have to ensure that they have the capacity to carry minimum number of channels as specified by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai). Trai is expected in the coming days to specify the minimum number of channels that each cable operator and MSO will have to show as per the cable rules issued on Saturday. Officials said the rules include that MSOs will have to buy back set top boxes from subscribers if they are moving out of the area. In case a viewer is unhappy with the service, a provision to surrender STB back to the MSO and cable operator have been provided.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/i&b-min-notifies-rules-for-cable-tv-networks/942973/0

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock