• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,041

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Sonakshi Sinha is thanking her stars that she not only got to debut with Salman Khan in B-Town, but had her second release with Akshay Kumar (Rowdy Rathore) and two more (Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai - 2 and Joker) with Akshay Kumar and Imran Khan, Son of Sardaar (Ajay Devgn) and a sequel to Dabangg again pairing her with Salman Khan!

Now which actress would be so lucky to have such an impressive line up of films with A-liners in the initial stages of their career? When you ask her about it, she admits "I would be a fool to deny that working with established actors in the country immediately makes people sit up and notice your work even if it is a small role in the film. Even if I am just 24 and they are in their 40s, when we are paired opposite each other, we look good. These senior stars are extremely professional, humble and fun to work with. Having said that, I am doing Lootera with Ranveer (Singh)."

After the success of Dabangg, the actress had to reiterate that the blockbuster was her film too! She sighs, "Yes! People tell me that I had a small role in the film and Dabangg belonged to Salman. I contributed to the success of the film as well and it's a fact. In most commercial Hindi films actresses have very little to do, but that doesn't mean they are not vital to the film!"

Sonakshi is also happy that unlike other actresses who wear skimpy dresses, she's made sarees her style statement. She says, "I think a saree complements an Indian figure perfectly. I am also happy that unlike other actresses who wear short dresses for item numbers/songs I look attractive even when I wear sarees." Sonakshi is quick to point out that apart from the six yards, she also enjoys wearing long dresses/gowns "at functions," while at home, "it is tee time paired with denims. I wear what suits me. I am not inspired by any Hollywood celeb when it comes to making red carpet appearances. I have my distinct sense of fashion and am proud of it."

Of course, she also admits that being Shatrughan Sinha's daughter has worked in her favour — she doesn't need to sport miniscule outfits or do intimate scenes, like her contemporaries. Sonakshi says, "I am happy that the filmmakers have so far agreed to my terms. Being Shatrughan Sinha's daughter has helped me immensely. It's reassuring to know that I have some good films in my kitty without having compromised on my values."

TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock