Discussion In which year did you got your first DTH/Cable connections?

Long Story:

From 2006 we have these 5 big antennas. 4 technician came to our house,stayed for 5 days and installed those.

We had Cable Operator business 37 channels for 80rs Monthly.

Vague memory so correct me if I am wrong on Channel dates.

So Ten Sports was paid and most Zee channels/Sony. Sahara Network,ETV, and many popular channels are FTA in C Band.

I remember we had big Showcase of STBs. Modulater, Signal Gain machines.. many thing.

Before this business first Antenna was of 8 feet took 3 days to align in DD 6 i.e DD Odia angle in CBand...

Then most channels migrate to Paid from FTA. These are all local business so not registered neither licensed.. total of 60-70 families were out customers. The cable costing was huge as less tv in a village resulted to around 8km radius our services were there.

First Dishtv costed 8K. Dad bought from around 300km to my home from a near town. Technician visited and Installed took bus charges and extra 500.

Just to add ETV Odia in our Cable offering. That time it was around 3.months free on new connection 1 month all channels 2 months Popular Pack.

Then On 2008 we installed first Reliance Big TV as "Neo Sports" was only available there. India's Test matches broadcast. ODI is DD National.

Closed the business. Dad just gave it away for free to someone.. I was on class 10 that time don't have much power but already developed huge interest in DTH and Satellite Tracking.. in my home My Father, Big Brother , middle one and me all are having huge interest in this arena. We used to share the dd free dish feed of each chanels with on stb each. Logo was not implemented unlike dishtv or tatasky or huge big tv logo.. so no issue of complaint..

Till date I ask father why he gave away those huge 6ft 8ft 4ft dishes and FTA STBs.

Post that I have every DTH. Right now I have 7 STBs. And have huge interest in SAT track..also in 2012 Big TV given a retention offer 6 Month Free in 6 Month Recharge. It was quite nice. The initial picture quality was unmatchable of Reliance Big TV. But further i went to know Tata Sky and Dishtv using MPEG2 while BigTV started first MPEG4 box .

Sorry for long thread

Guys, How Many STBs You Got Now?

You Used??

Including Non-DTHs Also!
STB :
Digi Cable replaced by Hathway, bought one more Hathway, one was replaced by Hathway HD later one was replaced by Fastway Radiant HD
Bought Tata Play HD, SunDirect HD.
Right now running connection, Fastway Radiant HD and DDFreeDish HD 🤭
Spare STB : Hathway, Tata Play and SunDirect HD.

2007 Dish Tv
2008 Dish Tv+ sun direct
2010 Videocon d2h
2012 sundirect till today dish tv my secondary
2021 zing FTA

Bro! Actually When Did I Visited Your Home??

2012?? Milk Warming Ceremony!

2008 Dishtv to My home
2009 Airtel to My working place( Maldives)
2013 D2H
2022 Dish TV (Requested d2h to upgrade my box, they changed my connection dish TV st2)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock