Discussion In which year did you got your first DTH/Cable connections?

I cant say which year cable connection comes in my home ... local cable was these from long and its the golden era of DD1, DD metro... slowly slowly cable provided channels like zee tv ( hum paanch tara, amanat etc serial were watched in black n white tv) sony, many not remember
I remember b4u entertainment channel also it was telecasted serials 🤔
First color tv was our videocon tv its worked for us almost 10+ years
Then LCD/LED tv time come

but yes first DTH is D2h we got connection in 2011 when ICC cricket world cup was going on ....

I really miss :sad: those days when entertainment watched in black n white tv with analogue cable

Thanks for sharing your memories!

Do you have more memories from Analogue satellite TV era? How easy/difficult did it use to be to get all the necessary hardware? For how many years after switchover to digital were you able to receive the channels unencrypted?
Hardware's were available with ease... Still I have imported FTA receiver i think named Fortecstar..Paid 10,000/-..It's analogue MPEG2 receiver...But it supporting decrypting encrypted channels by adding codes although illeagal...Leave it as forum doesn't support discussion of them...I couldn't remember the the switch over durations...
In-between there was a DTH like service from star...All star channels were there likes of sports Nat Geo star plus and couldn't remember other channels...Yearly subscription of I think 5-6 thousand in 1st year ...It was c band transmission with 4feet dish but can't say the exact size...
Even 3 years ago I was getting many FTA c band channels from 28 degree east to 125 degree...
U can refer my old posts in satellite sections...

My story of the watching started in 1972-75 as I remember...Small 12 inch black and white TV ... Connected by VHF antenna which j tied to a big tree height of about 100 feet ...Long cable about 80 meeters from antenna booster...One day checked in color TV and got color telecast...On that day itself bought Philips TV that served decades..Once I got color transmission within a year installed S band DD dish..Got 2 channels of DD..In 1979 bought 12feet mesh dish..There my sat tracking journey started..My self installed 24 c band LNB tracking 14 sats in single dish...I have watched zee5 from its launch day...Many channels were FTA...Once Ku band transmission started bought an imported LNB...Ii was the first person to buy a digital stb at that time by paying 19500/-i was watching WCW on TNT free..
DTH Journey started from 2004 when Dish TV started...Later kin 2006 Tatasky...In between reliance sun direct airtel DTH...
Now no sat tracking from 3 years...Still I have tatasky HD connection...Bought Binge plus once it started...
My age is 66 years...😅😅

Yeah, we are from the TB6 Mockba era !! Those were the days... :lol:
Today's kids wont understand the thrill of cable tv :no2:

We got our first dth connection in 2006.(Dish TV).
On that time only 3 Kannada channels are there. (Zee Kannada, Etv Kannada and DD Chandana).
After that we move to d2h.
Now we watching 30+ Kannada channels.
From 3 to 30+ channels in 15 yrs...

In 2006 my father purchased a 2nd hand DD Direct Plus FTA box. That was the 1st DTH for us. We enjoyed old hindi serials on Zee Smile & Star Utsav. Enjoyed music on Enterr10, Zee Music, 9XM, B4U Music. No Hindi movie channel was there at that moment on DD Direct Plus. We love to watch Odia programme 24 Hr on DD 6.

In october 2008, we joined DishTV family.
In 2013 again we had a Videocon D2H connection.
In 2015 I stop the d2h and got a new Airtel box on a offer.
In 2013, we also taken a cable connection. Still on the same TV we have DishTV too. We taken a analogue cable just to watch more Odia and Local TV channels.

All others are temporary. but DishTV is permanent from 2008.
In 2013 when I taken cable connection. At that moment I recharged my DishTV with 600 for 3 years of FTA channels and then added Odia Ala carte of Rs.17 and India cricket pack (Might be 25 or 45. But it will switch to the channel automatically where ever India match is going on).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock