Inside Uday Shankar’s grand plan to kill TV

I am saying only about Uday Shankar's killing TV. Broadband/fibre penetration is too low. OTT are getting subscribers only due to bundled subscription and free subscription. Most of them aren' t going to pay for it. People born before/around 90s prefer TV over OTT.
I watch Sports/ News on TV and movies/series on OTT. It is too difficult to search movies/web series because we get a huge library and ended up watching nothing and wasting our valuable time.
Moreover, linear TV is still there American/European/Australian market.

There is a famous Jeff Bezos quote.

"What we need to do is always lean into the future"

Let's wait and see where Jio/Viacom18 ends up in a few years.

I am saying only about Uday Shankar's killing TV. Broadband/fibre penetration is too low. OTT are getting subscribers only due to bundled subscription and free subscription. Most of them aren' t going to pay for it. People born before/around 90s prefer TV over OTT.
I watch Sports/ News on TV and movies/series on OTT. It is too difficult to search movies/web series because we get a huge library and ended up watching nothing and wasting our valuable time.
Moreover, linear TV is still there American/European/Australian market.
Now linear TV is costly affair, just for News and Sports after NTO as we need Internet as bassic thing for every home of student, Employee or businessman.

Yeah
Well uday shankar has turned STAR into huge success ....
He can change colors network too...
Thread title saying Uday Shankar grand plan to kill TV, your expecting he can change Viacom18 Network channels. Well, there are others too behind Star into huge success, Content Production houses and their channel business, fiction head. Uday Shankar known for aggressive bidding in Sports and Exclusive movie dealing with Actors. during his tenure in Star, murdoch backs him and later acquisition of Fox Disney not interested in Uday outdated ideas, Now he got Right place Reliance/Viacom18 stealing old ideas, But he can't help for monetise of huge investments in dozen of free contents every month till Ambani fire Uday uncle, who knows entire Reliance Industries itself collapse in few months like Adani Group.

Last edited:
Thread title saying Uday Shankar grand plan to kill TV, your expecting he can change Viacom18 Network channels. Well, there are others too behind Star into huge success, Content Production houses and their channel business, fiction head. Uday Shankar known for aggressive bidding in Sports and Exclusive movie dealing with Actors. during his tenure in Star, murdoch backs him and later acquisition of Fox Disney not interested in Uday outdated ideas, Now he got Right place Reliance/Viacom18 stealing old ideas, But he can't help for monetise of huge investments in dozen of free contents every month till Ambani fire Uday uncle, who knows entire Reliance Industries itself collapse in few months like Adani Group.
Yea. Disney is run by a couple of geniuses and they found Uday's idea old. That's why they bottled their share price from the high of $200 to less then $90.

Dude can't even make Viacom 18 the top tv network. Leave alone killing tv industry for OTTs. Satellite TV is safe for next 2 decades here. Even Star under him was #1 by burning money on low return sports and multiple acquisition of regional TV networks. They were doomed in movie segment as well until Disney came to rescue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock