IPL 8 to have multiple regional-language feeds

• Thread starter Thread starter JitendraKumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 41
  • Views Views: Views 5,610

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Buoyed by the success of Bengali feed during the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Indian Premier League (IPL) official broadcast partner Multi Screen Media (MSM) is planning to have multiple regional-language feeds for the franchise-based T20 league.

MSM has decided to show the eighth edition of the IPL on its Bengali-language channel Sony Aath. Apart from the Bengali feed, it will also have an audio feed in Tamil and possibly one in Telugu.

MSM will, thus, have three language feeds for the IPL besides two audio feeds for IPL Season 8. MSM’s Hindi movie channel Sony Max will telecast the event in Hindi while sports channel Sony Six will have the English feed.

“We are looking at three regional feeds for IPL this year. We will have a Bengali feed on Sony Aath and an audio feed in Tamil on Sony Six. We are also looking at a Telugu audio feed on Sony Six,” said Neeraj Vyas, executive vice president of MSM and business head of Sony Max, Max2 and Sony Mix.

Read More

Good News & Good Move By MSM :tup

Good news bro... :tup

Finally MSM Group want to show in INDIA'S #2 LANGUAGE... :)

Good news. It will also be good if Sony SIX HD is also providing language feeds.

But how come Sony will have Tamil & Telugu Audio Feeds ? Because, they dont have dedicated Tamil & Telugu Channels. Yes for Bengali they have Sony Aath, then again, that channel is not available in all DTH platforms. If they want to introduce Tamil & Telugu feeds fro IPL 8 then either they need to start separate Tamil & Telugu channels or else they need to depend on other players like Star & Zee which I think is not possible at this moment. So will this move be successful ? Time will only tell. As of now one can only see dark clouds.

Bishnu15 said:
But how come Sony will have Tamil & Telugu Audio Feeds ? Because, they dont have dedicated Tamil & Telugu Channels. Yes for Bengali they have Sony Aath, then again, that channel is not available in all DTH platforms. If they want to introduce Tamil & Telugu feeds fro IPL 8 then either they need to start separate Tamil & Telugu channels or else they need to depend on other players like Star & Zee which I think is not possible at this moment. So will this move be successful ? Time will only tell. As of now one can only see dark clouds.
You know how History TV is providing Tamil and other language feeds?

Sadiq said:
You know how History TV is providing Tamil and other language feeds?

Yes I know. Same channel, but different audio feeds. If its the same way then its good. But what about Sony Aath ? They need to market this channel more. This channel not available on at least 2 DTH Brands if my memory is not betraying me. :)

Shadow said:
thats just audio feeds not language feeds
I meant audio feeds only....

Even star sports is having audio feeds for other languages except Hindi though they are showing in different channels.

Back
Top Bottom