List Of Tamil Channels In India

• Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 9,209
Sadiq said:
Comparing other regional terrestrial transmission only Tamil terrestrial transmission time is very lesser. From 3 PM to 10 PM or 11 PM. I used to receive terrestrial transmission from Karaikal relay station and they used to receive the signal from Podhigai only. There were some programs where they will say "Padaippu Doordharshan Pondichery/Kovai/Madurai" that I still remember bro.

Yes, DD did everything possible to remove regional programs from TN in DD at their best which forced them out from the people mind. With free TV's and Arasu Tv even those few people who viewed them might have got vanished. This isn't good for the nation as a whole.

Doordarshan's Tamil SD & HD Channels !

> DD Podhigai - DD's primary Tamil channel.

> DD CHENNAI HD- Terrestrial HD channel from DDK CHENNAI, now it's available only in Chennai City.

> DD Chennai - Terrestrial Tamil TV network from DD

Other 3 Tamil Channels in Rest of TN and Pondy.

> DD Coimbatore - Terrestrial Tamil TV network from DD

> DD Madurai - Terrestrial Tamil TV network from DD

> DD Pudhucherry - Terrestrial Tamil TV network from DD

These 3 Channel has telecast the programmes on daily basis and its available only on terrestrial mode.

All these DD Kendras is being telecast the programmes 2-4 hours per day; rest of time it will link to DD Podhigai/DD National.

These 3 kendra's is producing the programmes in their studio itself and send it to DD Podhigai channel on daily basis.

Apart from that these 3 channels has producing the news and send it to DD NEWS Delhi and Chennai.

Soon, these 3 terrestrial channels will convert into 24*7 satellite channel like DD Podhigai.

It may be second, third and fourth Tamil channel of Doordarshan.

DD Pudhucherry is equal to DD Podhigai. it has good tech facility to broadcast 24 hours.

Each Kendra 80 staffs are working - Staff cost alone 10 Crore per year.

About DD Pudhucherry :

DD Puducherry was inaugurated on August 15, 1992.

Every year, nearly Rs.10 crore is paid as salary to 80 employees working in the DD Kendra, Puducherry.

The objective behind establishing it was to create special television on the lines of regional channels such as DD Podhigai in Tamil Nadu and DD Malayalam in Kerala.

The live phone-in programmes on Wednesdays have been getting good response from Puducherry and parts of Tamil Nadu close to Puducherry. All these are in-house programmes.

As the telecast is on the terrestrial mode in order to cover the areas of Karaikal, Yanam and Mahe and other nearby areas in Tamil Nadu, three half-an hour slots were allotted in DD-Podhigai satellite channel.

One slot was on Friday at 5.30 p.m. for a children’s programme, other two air-slots on every Saturday between 1.05 p.m. and 1.30 p.m. and 2 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to telecast health programmes produced by DD Puducherry, and another programme, called ‘Puduvaikkalanjiam,’ a compilation of local events and news on a weekly basis.

On occasions such as Tamil New Year, Deepavali, Christmas, New Year, Pongal and the birth and death anniversaries of important personalities, special programmes are recorded and sent to Chennai to be telecast on DD Podhigai.

Important events/news in Puducherry are being recorded and sent to DD-News Delhi and DD Kendra, Chennai, through feeds in addition to the weekly compilation.

By next year no more terrestrial TV channels available from DD. all will be converted as 24*7 satellite channel.

Tamilnadu will get 3 more brand new satellite channels from Doordarshan; already discussion is going on in prasar bharati and MIB.

Sure these three will be revenue generating/commercial/entertainment options for Doordarshan.

wait and see.!

Good update Sathish.. By the way my native is Karaikal but now I am not using terrestrial service at Karaikal. When I was using, through a relay station located at Thirunallar (3km from Karaikal), they used to relay Chennai terrestrial service only (not DD Podhigai).

I remember there was a Babaji program on DD National in the morning and that was dubbed in Tamil and relayed through terrestrial relay service at Karaikal. At the same time DD Podhigai was showing some different program and this relay was showing the name as "DD Tamil Nadu" instead of "DD Podhigai". It was during 2007/2008.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock