manual software downloading

Anirudha Das said:
How much it cost ?

ASC charges

Time at which the ASC is purchased , Primary Box ----------------Each Secondary Box

On the day of Installation Rs 199-------------------- Rs 199
Within Base warranty Rs 299---------------------Rs 249
Out of warranty Rs 499---------------------Rs 449
During the 90 day service warranty Rs 499---------------------Rs 449

Tata Sky DTH faqs, Digital TV, DTH India

Check under customer service

dipayan said:
ASC charges

Time at which the ASC is purchased , Primary Box ----------------Each Secondary Box

On the day of Installation Rs 199-------------------- Rs 199
Out of warranty Rs 499---------------------Rs 449
During the 90 day service warranty Rs 499---------------------Rs 449

Tata Sky DTH faqs, Digital TV, DTH India

Check under customer service

Seems very costly :skd

Anirudha Das said:
Seems very costly :skd
once I had tried to do manual update. Box failed to boot. Fortunately it was under base warranty. So they replace it with new box for free. After that never tried manual always wait for automatic update and since then no issue from last few years.
So whatever experiment u want to do with your box do it under base warranty i.e. 1 year :lol

dipayan said:
once I had tried to do manual update. Box failed to boot. Fortunately it was under base warranty. So they replace it with new box. After that never tried manual always wait for automatic update and since then no issue from last few years.
So whatever experiment u want to do with your box do it under base warranty i.e. 1 year :lol

So what it means
you pay extra or what or how much cost of service visit if its in warranty.

Anirudha Das said:
So what it means
you pay extra or what or how much cost of service visit if its in warranty.

First one Rs 299 is for primary box. Second one Rs 249 is for secondary connection.

Service visit is free within warranty or in ASC .

dipayan said:
First one Rs 299 is for primary box. Second one Rs 249 is for secondary connection.

Service visit is free within warranty or in ASC .

It means in warranty also you have to pay.

Anirudha Das said:
It means in warranty also you have to pay.
Those prices are extended warranty price means after 1 year of your purchase.
Base warranty period is 1 year. within 1 year if u pay Rs 299 (suppose u have one box)then u will get one year extra warranty(base 1 year+next year) for your box. If your connection is out of warranty then u need to pay 499 to get extended warranty. If u want extended warranty on the first day of installation then u need to pay 199 which will cover next two year

dipayan said:
Those prices are extended warranty price means after 1 year of your purchase.
Base warranty period is 1 year. After that u can go for extended warranty if u wish

In dishtv out of warranty box customer visits in service center then Rs. 350 + VAT, technician visit in home Rs. 350 + VAT + Rs. 150 (technician visit) it means Rs. 500 + VAT.

Manual downloading software will never harm! I have done it so many times in so many STBs but never faced any problem. Those warning are for the sake of precautions, nothing else.

Regarding correct procedure to manual downloading TS software, both 2465 and 2485 work. You can try any from them. Also you can press BACK button 2 times or 4 times, it doesnt matter. Sometimes you can get the software download screen by pressing BACK button 2 times and sometimes you get the screen by pressing BACK button 4 times.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock