MIB clears three new TV channel licences

Gumansinh

Reaction score
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has granted uplinking licence to three new television channels in September, including two non-news and one news and current affairs channel.
Mahesh Samat-helmed Epic Television Networks’ niche Hindi general entertainment channel Epic TV has finally got the nod after waiting for more than a year.
Epic Television Networks is backed by corporate honchos Mukesh Ambani and Anand Mahindra who together own 51.6 per cent stake in the company.
Bengaluru-based Writemen Media has got the uplinking licence to launch Kannada music channel Public Music. The company already operates Kannada news channel Public TV.
Kalinga Media Entertainment has received uplinking licence to launch a news channel named Kalinga TV in Hindi, English, Oriya and all other schedule Indian languages.
The MIB has permitted 813 private satellite TV channels as on 15 September. Of this, there are 400 news & current affairs channels and 413 non-news & current affairs channels.
There are 685 TV channels that have been permitted to uplink from India and also to downlink into India.
The government has permitted 93 TV channels to only downlink into India (uplinked from aboard). Furthermore, 35 TV channels have been permitted to uplink from India but not permitted to downlink in India.
Earlier this month, I&B minister Prakash Javadekar had stated that the government has cleared 26 pending proposals of new channels in the news and entertainment space.

Fast update bro.But I am sorry this news is already posted before in DDF.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock