DDF Exclusive NGC People HD, NGC Music HD, Sarthak TV & Harvest TV license renamed by MIB

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 26
  • Views: Views 5,458
I like to see the positive here.
Once these channels launch, the audio feeds will be removed from NGC. Then we can expect them to introduce Kannada and Malayalam feeds.

Going by how things r going, next year IPL might land up on Nat Geo channels and there will special focus on history, culture, wildlife, food, etc. of the host city with panel of experts from these fields doing commentary. Already i was amused seeing what they tried on Hungama TV, could not take it for even few minutes. I am sure kids won't have liked it too. It was worse that what they tried on SS Hindi few years back for some series where comedians were made to do commentary alongwith skits impersonating people.

Day is not far when due to excess cricket ratings will start dwindling, making profit is part of business but just exploiting anything causes problems than growth in long run

Now with Nat Geo music HD gone only left ones in the English music space are 9xO and VH1. That too 9xO not available mostly on Dth plaforms. There is dearth of English music channels now.
Also Hindi HD music channels. Now the young, affluent people who listen to English music are forced to use Spotify since it has arrived in India.

Once these channels launch, the audio feeds will be removed from NGC. Then we can expect them to introduce Kannada and Malayalam feeds.
Oh No...
Present i subscribe National Geography HD Channel Telugu Audio Feed Available in HD if this Audio Removed from HD And SD Means and they Launch National Geography Telugu Channel oh sh#t anyway want National Geography Telugu HD and Tamil HD Channels

Last edited:
On the other hand Star is biased to Sports. I feels that like Star Movies Kids, Star Gold romance etc they may rename it after some months. In the publicity of NGC they have a cold approach. Even with no roots in South, Sony tried Malayalam feed for Sony yay.But Star never do such initiative even if they have a lot of resources.

Last edited:
Constant changes in pricing or composition of bouquet is another reason causing delay in operators signing agreements with them. Secondly and most importantly , in the current framework all changes directly get passed onto subscribers hence many subscribers would get confused understanding all these things.

Operators and Broadcasters should sit across table and work on a more simplified and less complex way to avoid constant modifications.

On the other hand Star is biased to Sports. I feels that like Star Movies Kids, Star Gold romance etc they may rename it after some months. In the publicity of NGC they have a cold approach. Even with no roots in South, Sony tried Malayalam feed for Sony yay.But Star never do such initiative even if they have a lot of resources.

Well i agree that they should try expanding into new territories or regions but broadcasters always take into account multiple factors before taking such decision. Each one knows where their strength are, which r areas of potential growth and what will be a loss making investment.

It is a very detailed topic to discuss upon so just gave brief explanation above. South India already has wide variety of channels from home grown networks and there is not enough space for new players to enter. Also distribution of channels is an issue across cable networks as they tend to incline towards one party or another thus sidelining competitors

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock