Discussion Official replacement of Airtel Digital TV LNB

kiransature

Reaction score
Sooooo, it rained heavily for the last 2 days, and eventually, I lost the signals on my Airtel Digital TV Connection. I tried getting the problem solved myself but only to realize that the LNB isn't working. So finally decided to call customer care and arrange an engineer visit so that he replaces the LNB fixed on my dish.

The guy comes by evening on the same day and proposed/ordered that LNB should be changed. I agreed as I had already done my research! He replaces the LNB.

The main part comes here. Replaced LNB looked like a used one to me. It had no packaging like a new product has. Even there wasn't any label mentioning the make or brand of the product! Have a look at the LNB which was provided o_Oo_O

IapnN1D.jpg

iSm3VK6.jpg

abAx4jW.jpg

qK9PYxk.jpg

7W2RTQ7.jpg

I asked the guy if it's actually a non-used LNB, to that he said "Yes, it is! the only thing is I am carrying it in my bag for a long period now :p Moreover, he asks me to pay Rs. 350/- (A rounded-off figure). Although after talking to the senior on phone I paid only Rs. 310/- (Rs. 150 visiting charges and Rs. 160/- towards the LNB as it's shown on the website).

The discussion part is - I am supposed to get a brand new, non-used product if I am being charged for it, right! I have emailed this issue to customer care and got a reply stating that they have transferred my concern to the respective team! What should I accept next?

Plz check the thread of the lnb where we connect connector if it has carbon foot prints than it is used one.. and email them with the issue and photographs.. and also you can launch complain as you get 30 days free visit.. and also dont provide reschedule otp which comes on mobile and also and later another otp code which comes on tv screen until you are satisfied

Bro.. The same happened with me from DishTV.
I was not at home. There was some signal issue. I raised a complaint at dishtv. The guy came and replaced the LNB. He taken total 450 from my father. 250 for LNB + 200 service charge.

I can remember once I had same issue with my Airtel connection in 2015. The Airtel guy called me as I raised the complaint. He just told to close the complaint, but he will come. At that moment the service charge was 150 from airtel. The guy came and checked and told the LNB was not working. He just ask only 100 for all. And he fixed the LNB by his own.
But I paid extra 50 as tips after this kind of good service.

That why tata sky is excellent in its service .....Paid 150+150. For Service visit+LNB.

Now a days airtel provides Inverto LNB for 200. It's surely a refurbished product.
yyYL8aX.jpg

Last edited:
Plz check the thread of the lnb where we connect connector if it has carbon foot prints than it is used one.. and email them with the issue and photographs.. and also you can launch complain as you get 30 days free visit.. and also dont provide reschedule otp which comes on mobile and also and later another otp code which comes on tv screen until you are satisfied

I had raised the complaint! But, the person from the technical team convinced me that Airtel is a big brand and they won't cheat its customers. Be assured and if any problem is faced, I can always ask for a free visit within 30 days. These were his exact words:rofl2:

and guess what :geek: I lost the signals again within a week of the initial visit :undecided::skd:

I called customer care again, someone else visited my place this time and he explained how the cable connector has rusted and it needs to be changed. This time, although the visit was free, I was made to pay Rs. 100/- for a pair of the cable connectors and one connector for the set-top box.

This is not expected from a brand like Airtel. It's been a month now and had faced the signal loss issue a couple of times. Still, I decided not to call Customer Care again and do the necessary repairs myself, s the visits are free, but the customer is made to pay for one thing or the other!

What if somebody comes this time and declares that I have to change the whole setup as I am using it for a long period now :biggrin::biggrin::no2::no2::lol:

Bro.. The same happened with me from DishTV.
I was not at home. There was some signal issue. I raised a complaint at dishtv. The guy came and replaced the LNB. He taken total 450 from my father. 250 for LNB + 200 service charge.

I can remember once I had same issue with my Airtel connection in 2015. The Airtel guy called me as I raised the complaint. He just told to close the complaint, but he will come. At that moment the service charge was 150 from airtel. The guy came and checked and told the LNB was not working. He just ask only 100 for all. And he fixed the LNB by his own.
But I paid extra 50 as tips after this kind of good service.

Alas...... at the second visit, I wasn't at home :welcome: when my family members had to pay for connectors again.

Now a days airtel provides Inverto LNB for 200. It's surely a refurbished product.
yyYL8aX.jpg

At least you got the brand name, LBN which I have received does not have any make info :huh: I would have been happier if mine was a Inverto LNB. Still, giving refurbished products is not acceptable as the customers are being charged!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock