Seeking Help Best LNB For AirTel Digital TV (Xstream Box)

Yes, fake Inverto LNBs are being sold in India. They price it same as original so no one doubts. Even same box you will get. Minor changes only if you ever have original one, you will know.

Yes, fake Inverto LNBs are being sold in India. They price it same as original so no one doubts. Even same box you will get. Minor changes only if you ever have original one, you will know.

A fake Inverto can easily be identified by it's model number printed on the box itself...If you zoom in the pic below, you can see the model number under the box barcode is 3116 which is the fake inverto & being sold on all the sites in India & China...The below pic I took from CATVIndia site itself which you linked before...I already visited that site & they are selling the fake Inverto too...

On the original box (which I have not found anywhere) the model number will be written as 5203...

People who bought this 3116 model have either returned their LNB to the store or stopped using them (when they got to know that it's fake & the site didn't provide any return/refund because the users can't prove that it's fake) because it made no difference on the signal quality & strength compared to their 100-200/- LNB...

I found several people commenting about this on several YT videos...

St2ldG7.jpg

A fake Inverto can easily be identified by it's model number printed on the box itself...If you zoom in the pic below, you can see the model number under the box barcode is 3116 which is the fake inverto & being sold on all the sites in India & China...The below pic I took from CATVIndia site itself which you linked before...I already visited that site & they are selling the fake Inverto too...

On the original box (which I have not found anywhere) the model number will be written as 5203...

People who bought this 3116 model have either returned their LNB to the store or stopped using them (when they got to know that it's fake & the site didn't provide any return/refund because the users can't prove that it's fake) because it made no difference on the signal quality & strength compared to their 100-200/- LNB...

I found several people commenting about this on several YT videos...

St2ldG7.jpg
But according to inverto official site, 3116 is a legit model. I don't know what research have you done. The first thing you always need to do is verify via official chanel.
Single HGLN 40mm LNB

And for every market, there is a different name/model number for the same hardware. I do believe you are aware of it as well.

It might be with some identification number for middle east and the same can have a different identification number on Asian market.

Don't rely on youtube videos too much. After a certain operator provided cheap mobile internet and 4G devices became cheaper, every second person is an youtuber now. So you can't count on the quality all the time.

There might be fake reproductions happening. But it doesn't mean that the product is fake because it has some certain model number.

Last edited:
Hi Sushruta, this is what the reply I got on an online forum for Inverto LNB.

"Inverto LNB has not reached to many places yet they are available at few locations only and Airtel is providing this LNB where it is available.

Xstream box will be available in more cities from October first week so we can expect widened availability of Inverto LNB also."

Hi Sushruta, this is what the reply I got on an online forum for Inverto LNB.

"Inverto LNB has not reached to many places yet they are available at few locations only and Airtel is providing this LNB where it is available.

Xstream box will be available in more cities from October first week so we can expect widened availability of Inverto LNB also."
But AirTel's central customer care is saying that, they have never heard about any such LNB named Inverto...I asked my local Kolkata Airtel office too & they too don't have any freaking idea about it...In fact even after repeatedly telling the name to them as Inverto, they kept on saying, we have never heard about such LNB named Invato...

Since you still have not bought it, maybe you will get it,if you wait & it becomes available in your locality but I have no chance to get it free from them as they currently aren't aware of any such thing & even if it becomes available later with them, I don't think, they will upgrade mine for free...

Currently I will wait before buying any new LNB...Maybe I may/will buy the TataSky Inverto LNB later which costs only 599+shipping on the CATVIndia site here : Buy Cash On Delhivery Inverto Red Quad lnb, Best for Bigger offset dish antennas

inv-700x700.jpg

It won't be as powerful as the Black Inverto but should be more than enough as it's an Inverto afterall & TataSky distributes it who have a very good reputation of giving high-quality materials with their connections...I don't need the Quad port of this LNB & only need one port but I have not found any cheaper inverto with one port for now...I will keep lookin'...

Currently not buying any LNB as I just paid 4120 in total for the Xstream connection...Even If I buy one later, that would be the Sharp/Solid or the above TataSky Inverto but definitely not buying 1k Black Ultra...

Last edited:
And for every market, there is a different name/model number for the same hardware. I do believe you are aware of it as well.

It might be with some identification number for middle east and the same can have a different identification number on Asian market.

Don't rely on youtube videos too much. After a certain operator provided cheap mobile internet and 4G devices became cheaper, every second person is an youtuber now. So you can't count on the quality all the time.

There might be fake reproductions happening. But it doesn't mean that the product is fake because it has some certain model number.

Actually they even tested the difference & showed them live to their subscribers that, there is not much difference between a normal Sharp LNB & an Inverto 3116...And they are not just small Youtubers...Several of them are big Youtubers from quite some time who only makes videos on Dish,LNB & these stuffs...They showed the difference clearly on video by testing them one by one...

And I have clearly mentioned earlier also that I am not talking about only the Youtubers who are making these videos...I have read several customers comments there also & they too clearly mentioned that, by buying a 3116 Inverto, it made no significant difference on their system...Some of them who imported the 5203 model, wrote that, they have noticed atleast 15-20% increase in both the signal quality & strength by using them...Where other customers who bought the 3116 models, could only find about 2-3% increase in performance compare to their normal LNB...

Youtubers can be lying (which is highly unlikely though as they are showing everything live on video & they do specialize in this field which can be identified by the several testing devices they are using in their videos) but the customers who are buying them & using it themselves, won't be lying about this...Also the Youtubers I am talking about are not any random new youtubers...They are well established people & they only make videos on these items on their channels & these channels/videos come out within the top searches on YT when searching for Inverto LNB on YT...They are there before Jio came into market & have thousands of subscribers...I don't only watch the videos...I always do read all the comments by users beneath the videos too...I don't take newbie made youtube videos seriously myself...But these people are professional youtubers in this field since several years...

If you still want to buy a 3116, you can go ahead but I am not going to take that chance because it's costly & many people who are users of this model themselves found almost no difference at all...If I must buy an Inverto, I am better off buying the cheaper TataSky Inverto (which I mentioned in my previous comment just above this one) available at 600 in India...

Last edited:
Actually they even tested the difference & showed them live to their subscribers that, there is not much difference between a normal Sharp LNB & an Inverto 3116...And they are not just small Youtubers...Several of them are big Youtubers from quite some time who only makes videos on Dish,LNB & these stuffs...They showed the difference clearly on video by testing them one by one...

And I have clearly mentioned earlier also that I am not talking about only the Youtubers who are making these videos...I have read several customers comments there also & they too clearly mentioned that, by buying a 3116 Inverto, it made no significant difference on their system...Some of them who imported the 5203 model, wrote that, they have noticed atleast 15-20% increase in both the signal quality & strength by using them...Where other customers who bought the 3116 models, could only find about 2-3% increase in performance compare to their normal LNB...

Youtubers can be lying (which is highly unlikely though as they are showing everything live on video & they do specialize in this field which can be identified by the several testing devices they are using in their videos) but the customers who are buying them & using it themselves, won't be lying about this...Also the Youtubers I am talking about are not any random new youtubers...They are well established people & they only make videos on these items on their channels & these channels/videos come out within the top searches on YT when searching for Inverto LNB on YT...They are there before Jio came into market & have thousands of subscribers...I don't only watch the videos...I always do read all the comments by users beneath the videos too...I don't take newbie made youtube videos seriously myself...But these people are professional youtubers in this field since several years...

If you still want to buy a 3116, you can go ahead but I am not going to take that chance because it's costly & many people who are users of this model themselves found almost no difference at all...If I must buy an Inverto, I am better off buying the cheaper TataSky Inverto (which I mentioned in my previous comment just above this one) available at 600 in India...
Have you ever used TS? If you have ,I believe you can't buy TS Super LNB if you aren't a subscriber. It doesn't come for 600. It is priced at 800. That too it is subsidised.

Moreover there is no model numbered 5203 is present in their official website. 5228 is there that is a Super LNB alternative that TS provides.

Last edited:
Have you ever used TS? If you have ,I believe you can't buy TS Super LNB if you aren't a subscriber. It doesn't come for 600. It is priced at 800. That too it is subsidised.

Firstly Super LNB is exclusively only for Tata Sky. U can't use it with anyother DTH.

Secondly he spoke about the inverto quad lnb which is priced Rs 500-600. Check the pic he posted above. It's not Super LNB.

Firstly Super LNB is exclusively only for Tata Sky. U can't use it with anyother DTH.

Secondly he spoke about the inverto quad lnb which is priced Rs 500-600. Check the pic he posted above. It's not Super LNB.
Check comment number 12 first.
He straight away said this-
"A fake Inverto can easily be identified by it's model number printed on the box itself...If you zoom in the pic below, you can see the model number under the box barcode is 3116 which is the fake inverto & being sold on all the sites in India & China...The below pic I took from CATVIndia site itself which you linked before...I already visited that site & they are selling the fake Inverto too..."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock