Discussion Old Channels Screenshots

• Thread starter Thread starter channellover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 294
  • Views Views: Views 141,234
I have not been able to find any screenshot or video capture of JAIN TV so far.

JAIN TV was among one of the first 24-hour satellite channels in India before 1995. I initially thought it was a religious channel related to Jainism. But later found out that JAIN stands for Joint American Indian Network.

Btw, STAR stands for Satellite Television Asian Region.

On page 4 of this old newspaper, you can find the schedule of Jain TV: The Indian Express - Google News Archive Search

Going back to a previous issue of the same newspaper, I was able to find all logos of channels available at that time: The Indian Express - Google News Archive Search (The schedules are on page 4).

I think while Zee TV used Star's satellite, Asianet and Sun used Jain's satellite.

Also, this is the first time I am seeing this version of Sun TV's logo.

1994-tv-schedules.jpg

From The Indian Express - Mar 12, 1994

Last edited:
Here's what I found @Bulgari
Though Jain Television takes the credit for being the first private television channel to bring news in India in the mid-90s, it has been beset with problems linked to some bad business decisions, a cash crunch and low visibility because of poor distribution deals.

1993 - In October, the Company entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with two U.S. - based Companies of NRl's viz.Joint American Indian Network, Inc., an Illinois Corp.,and Development Finance and Communications Ltd., a New York Corp., for the purpose of operating a 24 hour TV broadcasting
business directed primarily at the Indian market. Subsequently, a Joint Venture Agreement was signed between Joint American Indian Network Inc. and the Company.

Back
Top Bottom