Only 3 Odia GEC channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Snehasis.padhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 14
  • Views Views: Views 5,077
Reaction score
In the state of Odisha we are said to a good regional market with a 15% growth as said by BARC official but still in the name of entertainment Odisha has only 3 GEC channels 1 music and only one Movie channel.And a whopping 9-10 news channels.2ndly Colors Odia only running reruns.No investment by Star or Sony in Odisha neither By Sun which is about to get started with Sun Bangla.
WAT IS THE REASON BEHIND SUCH A POOR STATE TO SATELIGHT TV IN ODISHA?

I am expecting from very past that Star should enter in Odia market with a GEC & next they may launch a movie channel also.
Viacom18 should take care of Colors Odia. They should invest here and make this channel successful.
Hope, Odisha's first ever HD channel, Zee Sarthak HD may launch soon.
India News Odisha is on way.

In the state of Odisha we are said to a good regional market with a 15% growth as said by BARC official but still in the name of entertainment Odisha has only 3 GEC channels 1 music and only one Movie channel.And a whopping 9-10 news channels.2ndly Colors Odia only running reruns.No investment by Star or Sony in Odisha neither By Sun which is about to get started with Sun Bangla.
WAT IS THE REASON BEHIND SUCH A POOR STATE TO SATELIGHT TV IN ODISHA?

Same Here with Gujarati Market We have Just One GEC ..COLORS Gujarati ..Rest 9 -10 All are Mostly News Channels ...No one bothers frm Big players lyk Star or Zee to make investment IN Gujarati Market...Evn Gujarati Movies are Doing Good business Frm Last few year..Gud Gujarati Movies give Though Compitition to Evn Bollywood films .. with Fresh Contents fresh Face N fresh Talent ...But Still BIG 3 Of India Just Dont Care 4 Gujarat market..JUST one Big push Frm any of Dis BIG player is Enough to Change Whole Gujarati GEC market ...But sadly Dis players will not look at Smaller Or Any growing market..🤕🤕

I am expecting from very past that Star should enter in Odia market with a GEC & next they may launch a movie channel also.
Viacom18 should take care of Colors Odia. They should invest here and make this channel successful.
Hope, Odisha's first ever HD channel, Zee Sarthak HD may launch soon.
India News Odisha is on way.
I expect Star to acquire Tarang TV(except its news channel Odisha TV &spiritual channel Prarthana TV) just like what they did in South India.So that people can watch ISL and other sports through Alankar TV. But people have to pay more if this happens 🙁

I expect Star to acquire Tarang TV(except its news channel Odisha TV &spiritual channel Prarthana TV) just like what they did in South India.So that people can watch ISL and other sports through Alankar TV. But people have to pay more if this happens 🙁
If it happens then in near future, Odia people will see...
Tarang TV = Star Tarang (₹19)
Alankar TV = Star Alankar/Star Tarang Movies (₹5)
Tarang Music = Star Tarang Music (₹1)

If Sony acuire Tarang TV then it will be better than Star.

As it is, Sarthak was acquired by Zee. There is no need for Ortel to sell Tarang to anyone. Ortel can remain a strong independent player like ETV is in Telugu. Rather than new networks launching channels, I am waiting for Zee Sarthak HD (Tarang HD might be too much).

Back
Top Bottom