Problems with channel selection on Airtel Black DTH packs

• Thread starter Thread starter saubhagya.mishra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 2,534

Anybody figured a way around this? Does calling the customer care help? I recently got the Airtel Black 399 plan, and as per the offer DTH upto Rs 260 (taxes extra) is included. I was hoping to pay the NCF and then add the ala-carte channels. Right now it forces me to a base plan of Rs 260 which includes many channels that I don't want or I rather get the HD version of the same channel by paying 2-3 Rs more.

Yes. Currently there is no direct option available on the app to drop DPO bouquet and just have Base NCF pack alongwith A La Carte channels.....however u can call customer care to help u on this or try doing it urself by following below steps

Follow these steps

-Open airtel app

-choose ur DTH Account option listed on main page at top left side, if multiple services r linked with ur mobile number then pressing it will open a page listed all services post that click on ur DTH Account Tab

- Once DTH section is open then scroll down and select transaction option, now click back button and in the page which opens select 'update account" option

- Now again click back and on page which opens press on Manage TV Channels option , scroll down and press on " Skip to Channel Selection" option now u can add channels of ur choice and press confirm to activate the same.

Anybody figured a way around this? Does calling the customer care help? I recently got the Airtel Black 399 plan, and as per the offer DTH upto Rs 260 (taxes extra) is included. I was hoping to pay the NCF and then add the ala-carte channels. Right now it forces me to a base plan of Rs 260 which includes many channels that I don't want or I rather get the HD version of the same channel by paying 2-3 Rs more.
Can you share where you got Black plan of 399?

@dino29 Thank you, that really helps. I was able to reach till the last step, but unable to press the `Skip to Channel Selection` option, as I need to scroll up, but scrolling doesn't seem to work here. I have to scroll up and hold to see the option, and simultaneously it doesn't register a touch. Maybe something with the iOS app, I will try with an Android phone and report back.

ToxH35F.png

@prasenjitdey265 This is in Bengaluru and a new connection. I paid Rs 3300 upfront and as per the plan, Rs 2800 is considered advance payment, and balance Rs 500 is for activation.

Broadband is only 10 Mbps, but I just needed it as a backup line.

@dino29 Thank you, that really helps. I was able to reach till the last step, but unable to press the `Skip to Channel Selection` option, as I need to scroll up, but scrolling doesn't seem to work here. I have to scroll up and hold to see the option, and simultaneously it doesn't register a touch. Maybe something with the iOS app, I will try with an Android phone and report back.

ToxH35F.png

@prasenjitdey265 This is in Bengaluru and a new connection. I paid Rs 3300 upfront and as per the plan, Rs 2800 is considered advance payment, and balance Rs 500 is for activation.

Broadband is only 10 Mbps, but I just needed it as a backup line.
Ok this plan is not available elsewhere.

@prasenjitdey265 It's seem to be available everywhere, but not advertised much or even encouraged. You can see it listed here and here. The sales person tried his best to get me to switch to the next plan ie 699, but I insisted on the 399 plan.

Also, it's available only for new subscribers, existing users cannot switch to this. I think this is kept to tackle Jio's similar plan.

@dino29 On Android it seem to be working, but it is throwing this error and not letting me proceed further. This is after selecting the channels. :( Hoping its a temporary thing, maybe will try again tomorrow.

rrL0OyA.jpeg

@dino29 Tried it this morning and it worked as expected. I was able to switch from the bundled plan to ala-carte.

However I’m a bit confused on whether the price in SMS is after taxes or before taxes. I’m thinking it’s after taxes, if so I should be able to choose channels upto Rs 307 ie Rs 260 + tax. Right now it shows the monthly due as Rs 240, so I’ll add more channels as required from the TV itself.

Thanks again @dino29, this was very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom