PTC News gets I&B Ministry notice for poll violation

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has sent a show cause notice to PTC News channel for violating model code of conduct .The Punjabi news channel allegedly carried advertisements to support Akali Dal candidates (contesting Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee elections) after the poll campaign was officially winded up on January 26.

The notice ,sent on Sunday also cited Rule 7 of the Cable Television Networks Rules.

Sources said members of a rival party had informed I&B Ministry that the election campaign came to an end on January 25 but PTC News continued to air the poll campaign till January 26 which was a clear violation of poll campaign.

The channel’s CEO Rabindra Narayan was quoted saying by PTI that the channel did not violate any law and has responded to the notice. Sources said the ministry wants to know whether the regional channel violated both the model code of conduct and also the Advertising Code as channels cannot carry content on behalf of political entities.

PTC News was launched way back in 2008 by G-Next Media Pvt. Ltd, owned by The Shiromani Akali Dal President Sukhbir Singh Badal. G-Next Media also owns PTC Punjabi and PTC Chak De regional channels.

PTC News gets I&B Ministry notice for poll violation

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock