Seeking Help Quality reduced to 720p in Sony Liv

• Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,389
I think you don't have any understanding on how streaming and embedding are two different things.

When Sony Liv is streamed through Binge+ STB/app, it shouldn't increase load on Tata Play server since the content is directly routed from Sony Liv server. The content played on Binge platform is only embedded and doesn't cause any increase in load on the Tata Play or Binge server.

It can be a temporary bug in the app.

This Issue Available Only With Binge+ Box

Escalated To Sony Liv Team But No Response Yet

But in all other apps like Disney Hotstar,Apple tv,prime video,netflix i am getting 4k resolution option.. so why not on sony liv??
Same i m not getting 4k in sony android tv in sony liv app...quality up to 1080p.

Sony liv content is not embeded on binge platform… i have downloaded sony liv app from play store and playing videos from sony liv app itself..
Either way, it is considered as embedding only bro. Only if the provider (here Tata Play Binge) was hosting the content on their own server, we could have imagined their resource limitation was the cause.

When you say you have downloaded Sony Liv app and viewing the content using the OTT provider app, then there itself we get clarity that it's an issue from Sony's end and no question arises whether Tata Play Binge's are capacity is overloading which @dino29 bro claimed.

I have been running and managing servers / sites for around fifteen years now so having this much basic clarity on when and where overloading happens. Furthermore, all the popular OTT services these days reduce their load using CDNs and other advanced techniques, I can not imagine them removing a resolution from a particular DTH service provider due to additional resource consumption. :D

It can be a temporary technical glitch or we can call it a Sony Liv app bug 🐛.

But in all other apps like Disney Hotstar,Apple tv,prime video,netflix i am getting 4k resolution option.. so why not on sony liv??
This is when you can self-confirm that Tata Play Binge is not controlling the resolution "to reduce load on server and even accommodate more content on Binge Platform / App" because if they were doing that, they would have removed the HD or 4K resolution from all the OTT services, not selectively from Sony Liv alone. 😉

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock