Good News Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama - Anime movie would release in 4K | 2022

Detective Conan

Contributor
Reaction score
Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama - Anime movie would release in Indian theatres in 4K Remastered digital format in 2022 in theatres also in OTT , DVD , blue ray disk . the anime 4k movie would be released to celebrate Japan- India's 90th Anniversary of diplomatic relations.
This anime (animated) movie was co produced by japan and India to celebrate 40 year diplomatic relation on 1992 . the announcement of the movie release was posted on their official website , for the promotion of movie they have made separate official social media account of Ramayana : the legend of prince rama anime movie in YouTube , twitter, Instagram & fb and also created new website as the older website of movie was not maintained for long . they have also uploaded 4K digital remastered version of anime movie trailer in all their social media channels and the website.

Source

Source

executive producers - Atsushi matsuo , producer - Yugo sako , assistant producer - kenji yoshii , Music Director - Vanraj Bhatia , Animation director - Kazuyuki kobayashi, director of audiography - Masashi Aoki , Art Director - Hajime Mtsuoka , Coordinator - Prem Motwani , Indian Animator - Ram Mohan ( also known as father of Indian Animation)

while working on ramayana relics documentary in 1983 got an inspiration to make animation move on ram as Ram is considered as god , he thought it would not be right to make live action adaptation of ramayana , it would be better to make animation movie to match the sensibilities. from 1984 - 1992 research and work -Yugo Sako & legendary Indian Animator Ram Mohan - worked along 450 Japanese animation artists - he read valmikis and 10 other different version of ramayana as in japanese version , worked along with Indian animator-& artists ( dress perspective ) , Indian music director (sanskirit songs) to match indian and japanese sensibilities and remaining true to the epic ( in this movie it has indian paintings and the anime movie was made considering Indian sensibilities . 90%- 95% of work was done by Japanese Animator artists , only 5% to 10% approx. was done by Indian animator and artists . though yugo sako wanted both countries to work together on animation there was sadly stupid protests by some group i wont name or due to stupid article posted by indian newspaper regarding movie due to which they protested against movie's release saly it could not release in indian theatres and they were forced to work on anime movie themselves in japan . anime movie was released in usa and other countries in theatres in 1992 & 1993 , Later in india it only aired in cartoon network channel or in DD national or dd regional channels occasionally.
only one doubt though even if only few groups were protesting they could have easily released the movie in indian theatres later after few months after exlaining protesters or showing them the movie - this part of only because of protest they decided against movie release is very confusing.

nevertheless good news is that they have remastered the movie in 4k digital remastered version . the movie would release of 4k digital remastered version in 2022 in theatres

movie rights & digital version of TEM Co. ltd. in Tokyo & in India agent for now in Anime pop mall pvt ltd.

technically i should have put it in hollywood but it wouldnt felt right ( even though mainly made by japanese animation studio with collab with india as it was co produced movie of india and japan decided to post in indian films as separate threat . it would definitely release in english and hindi versions

Last edited:
One of my favourite movies from childhood. It was a regular feature in Cartoon Network. I miss the old Cartoon Network along with movies and cartoons of late 2000s. We had so many mythological based content Bal Hanuman, Hanuman Returns, My Friend Ganesha, Krishna movies on Cartoon Network etc. Even Colors had a beautiful show based on Baby Krishna.😍

Even Legend of buddha - Indian animated 2d movie used to air on cn india - first time made me understand about buddha story about enlightened , one related moses/the prince of egypt animated movie - movie in which a person uses stick and divides the river helps people to walk away from ruthles ruler .

I think you meant nick india had - little krishna - india's 3d animated series was made beautifully

Even Legend of buddha - Indian animated 2d movie used to air on cn india - first time made me understand about buddha story about enlightened , one related moses/the prince of egypt animated movie - movie in which a person uses stick and divides the river helps people to walk away from ruthles ruler .

I think you meant nick india had - little krishna - india's 3d animated series was made beautifully
I am talking about Krishna tv show that aired on Colors. I was talking on how mythological based shows flourished in that era. I am waiting for the day when someone brings an animated series on Mahabharat.

Meanwhile Cartoon Network had so much diverse content back. Thomas, Noddy, Bob The Builder and Baby Looney Tunes were love. Shows like The Adventures of Tenali Raman and Akbar & Birbal were something else.

Source

Source

I am talking about Krishna tv show that aired on Colors. I was talking on how mythological based shows flourished in that era. I am waiting for the day when someone brings an animated series on Mahabharat.
oh , didnt used to watch colors channel that often during that time.

Source

though not exactly same as related to Mahabharat (but focusing on teen years/ of pandavas adventures) ( but related to mahabharat short anime style kids/pre teen animated series was made Rudramatsa entertainment Indian animation studio in collab with south east animation studios titled p5 / Pandavas 5. the above one short ep 1.

Cartoon network studios and with Japanese animation studios made anime styled animated film series with arjun and adventures of ice lotus (2011) , 2nd movie arjun and dragon warriors (2013/2014)

Source

could only find arjun and dragon warriors one clip , unable find anymore clips of 1st movie or 2nd movie.
for 2nd movie may be they collaborated with south east animation studios ( both animated movies were aired in cn india ) they later stopped airing them.

Source

on 6th march on new delhi movie was screened on pvr Skywalk the remastered ramayana anime movie 4k remastered screened first time in India

the above video is shows audience impression after watching the remastered 4k ramayana anime movie - Ramayana - the Legend of Prince Rama ( Digital Remaster)

Source

Japan habba bangalore and Animaniax are organising in person screening - limited edition screening of digital remastered 4k ramayana anime movie in Bangalore in malleshwaram between march 25- (it is more of like crowd funding initiative , other details mentioned in the post

Source

screening test for 1st is completed for 2nd show they need 54 more seats confirmation , screening would be done between 10 AM to 6:30 PM. my thoughts frankly more people should support but it seems sadly or few theatre are supporting but good thing people are coming together and using crowd funding to support remastered release. hope others too support the movie

1st screen of movie would be on march 25th, 2nd screening of movie would be on march 27th need 54 more seats confirmation for 2nd screening on march 27th in SRV theatre , malleshwaram , bangalore

Last edited:
Source

Audience impression of 4k remastered Ramayana Anime movie screened on Mumbai international film festival (MIFF) 2022

they should have screened at better timings , its saddening that such a good movie is not distributed properly in theaters in India , screened in only few screens across India at odd timings.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock