Shah Rukh, Katrina come together for Yashraj

sunveer

Registered
Reaction score
New Delhi: It'll be for the first time that Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will romance Katrina Kaif on the big screen. And the credit for it goes to filmmaker Yash Chopra who is directing the two in his untitled film.

Chopra last directed Veer Zaara way back in 2004 and now he is back with this new movie that also features Anushka Sharma of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. The film's music will be given by A.R. Rahman while Gulzar will pen the lyrics.

"It's been seven years since I directed Veer-Zaara and as I begin work on my new film, I hear my inner voice asking me a lot of questions. Are you sure you want to direct again, you are nearly 80 and the audience is getting younger day by day," said Chopra.
Shah Rukh, Katrina come together for Yashraj

"Can I really speak from my heart and still expect today's youth to listen to me? Will I be able to live up to the blind faith that Shah Rukh Khan has in me and give him yet another memorable romantic film?"

"Will I be able to present the beautiful Katrina Kaif and the very talented Anushka Sharma in a way they have never been seen before? Will I be able to inspire Rahman and Gulzar bhai enough to create their best work yet?" he added.

The legendary director, who has made films like Deewar, Silsila, Darr, Dil To Pagal Hai, says he doesn't know answers to these questions, but he has full faith in this movie.

"The honest answer is... I don't know! All I know is that I'm making a film that I believe in, a film that is about love and nothing else. A film which has an old soul but a young heart. A film which is classic in its look but contemporary in its language," he said.

"A film which I'm making on one simple faith... the love that my audiences have given to me over the years. They have tolerated my indulgences for the past 50 years, I'm sure they will indulge me one more time," he added.

The film is scheduled for a Diwali 2012 release.

Source: ibnlive.in.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Riddhiman Zero | Shah Rukh Khan, Anand L Rai, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif Bollywood 47
R Shah Rukh Khan to play a soldier in war film based on Operation Khukri Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan a part of Baahubali 2? South Indian Films 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to receive Doctorate from President Pranab Mukherjee Bollywood 0
R Salman Khan beats Shah Rukh Khan; tops the ‘2016 Forbes India Celebrity 100 List’ Bollywood 2
R Shah Rukh Khan to receive 4th National Yash Chopra Memorial Award Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to host Filmfare Awards once again(Winners List 2017) Bollywood 3
hike Shah Rukh Khan TED Talks India : Nayi Soch Starts 10 Dec, 7 PM on Star Plus TV Shows & Programs 37
hike Dear Zindagi Poster Out Staring Aalia Batt & Shah Rukh Khan checkout! Bollywood 1
R Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar among world’s highest paid actors Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to make his debut appearance on Marathi television TV Shows & Programs 1
Girish I want to buy a plane, but don’t have money, says Shah Rukh Khan Bollywood 0
Girish Shah Rukh Khan to host Filmfare Awards once again! Guess Who is it? Bollywood 0
Girish Shah Rukh Khan disappointed with Dilwale's box office performance Bollywood 10
hike Kapil replaced Shah Rukh Khan as a host of upcoming 22nd Annual Star Screen Awards TV Shows & Programs 2
Thakur Cartoon Network & Pogo go filmy with Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Dilwale’ TV Shows & Programs 2
rahul31 Shah Rukh Khan & Kajol upcoming film Dilwale Movies & Music 1
Thakur Press Releases Starring the King and Queen of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika TV Channels News 0
wewake Shah Rukh Khan to host show on Zeel's new GEC '&TV' TV Channels News 7
Dinesh jain 1000 weeks of DDLJ: Shah Rukh, Kajol tocelebrate on Comedy Nights with Kapil? TV Shows & Programs 0
Dinesh jain Shah Rukh Khan tweets pictureof his son AbRam Achievements & Wishes 3
SarfaRaZ Shah Rukh Khan presented with Global Diversity Award in London. Bollywood 2
Thakur Zee TV to unveil dance reality show with Shah Rukh Khan TV Shows & Programs 0
Shaikhere Happy New Year | Official Trailer (Tamil) | Shah Rukh Khan | Deepika Padukone South Indian Films 2
Thakur Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan giving heroines a run for their money Bollywood 1