Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 101,432
Oh. So this never aired 😔. But logo looks so real
This had nothing to do with logos. They recorded tv using a camera than added the audio. Only English channels which offered Hindi dubbed content were BIG CBS Channels.

This had nothing to do with logos. They recorded tv using a camera than added the audio. Only English channels which offered Hindi dubbed content were BIG CBS Channels.
That's so disappointing. 😢.

I think Sony and viacom will work together on entertainment channels only... Sony may rebrand the sports channels under sony brand, discontinuing ten ... They are also likely to distribute sports under SPSN brand.. these are only assumptions

Sony Colors, Sony Colors Kannada... I don't think such re brandings will happen after this deal happen. Both brands may function independently under same umbrella. Ofcourse there will be some adjustments in certain areas. Currently Viacom 18 is more efficient and successful in exploring regional markets than Sony. So most probably this will let all regional channels to run under 'Colors' brand. Sony Aath and Sony Marathi may get axed. Also Sony will not interfere in current Viacom 18's Kids, Music and English Entertainment genres. In Hindi genre both brands may retain as they have their own spaces in the market. Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony Max, Colors TV, MTV will remain untouched. Rest hindi channels may be subjected to rebranding, shut down etc. Sports genre will be completely under Sony Brand. We can expect a complete revamp of Sony Sports channels.
Future of Sony BBC earth and History TV 18 will depend on the life of agreement.
Inorder to compete with Disney plus Hotstar, the merged entity should bring a single ott platform including all Sony and Viacom 18 contents.
And I am eager to see how Viacom will move along with or under Sony when this deal happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock