Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 101,374
Well regarding this Sony - Viacom deal, many members having different opinion, some say that this merger will be game changer in India and some say it won't. Some say that this deal should happen and some say that this deal shouldn't happen, well shall a POLL be created about the same in this thread ??
:huh:
Yes please

Some major rumors on Sony viacom18 merge :
1. 3 entities Jio studio viacom18 and Sony pictures India to merge into single entity . And get listed apart from network18
2. The merged company will have mammoth sized library with 77+ channels operating in India and also have 3 production houses 3 OTT platforms
3. Hindi brands will be untouched but genere of some channels will be refocused .
4. SET India to be now Sony channel and colors to lead Hindi entertainment whereas the other GEC in Hindi will be refocused to obtain maximum reach .
5. Regional channels will keep growing with colors brands and the existing Sony brands in regional space is likely to rebrand to colors or go for a shutdown
6. Sony to takeover production house and launch new music houses in regional areas too.
7. Kids and English GEC genere for Viacom
8. English movies ,Regional music , regional kids and youth channels for Sony
9. OTT merge : voot ,voot select , Sony liv and jio studios to merge for one single OTT ( name not revealed ) to compete with Netflix and Disney plus .
10. Voot kids to continue it's kids service and even launch new portfolio for their service for online education for class 1 to 5 as per NEP 20

Last edited:
Some major rumors on Sony viacom18 merge :
1. 3 entities Jio studio viacom18 and Sony pictures India to merge into single entity . And get listed apart from network18
2. The merged company will have mammoth sized library with 77+ channels operating in India and also have 3 production houses 3 OTT platforms
3. Hindi brands will be untouched but genere of some channels will be refocused .
4. SET India to be now Sony channel and colors to lead Hindi entertainment whereas the other GEC in Hindi will be refocused to obtain maximum reach .
5. Regional channels will keep growing with colors brands and the existing Sony brands in regional space is likely to rebrand to colors or go for a shutdown
6. Sony to takeover production house and launch new music houses in regional areas too.
7. Kids and English GEC genere for Viacom
8. English movies ,Regional music , regional kids and youth channels for Sony
9. OTT merge : voot ,voot select , Sony liv and jio studios to merge for one single OTT ( name not revealed ) to compete with Netflix and Disney plus .
10. Voot kids to continue it's kids service and even launch new portfolio for their service for online education for class 1 to 5 as per NEP 20
Regional channels kept as Colors brand is good move . spacially kannada TV market .

Hello, hi, hey — everybody?

Before I could formulate my response..

...Has somebody posted a long enough post regarding the topic? Something which is sizably original, and not a copy-paste "inspiration"?
I generally could've spent hours in perusing all the posts myself, but nowadays: I can't.

Hello, hi, hey — everybody?

Before I could formulate my response..

...Has somebody posted a long enough post regarding the topic? Something which is sizably original, and not a copy-paste "inspiration"?
I generally could've spent hours in perusing all the posts myself, but nowadays: I can't.
Check post #493

3rd week of September is over. No news yet. Or is it early to call

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock