Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,319
  • Views Views: Views 1,652,085

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
BCCI can't do that.

They sold exclusive digital rights to the highest bidder.

Then what is the point of the auction?
So does Cricket Australia and ECB. Why do they air highlights? Also I tried finding full matches of IPL from yesteryears. It's nowhere to be found. Bits are on BCCI's website. Apart from bits from illegal sites. It's impossible to find most highlights. Even broadcasters are interested in select few matches. Fact is BCCI never cared about fans. Finding old matches are difficult and even attending matches are a nightmare due to poor infrastructure.

So does Cricket Australia and ECB. Why do they air highlights? Also I tried finding full matches of IPL from yesteryears. It's nowhere to be found. Bits are on BCCI's website. Apart from bits from illegal sites. It's impossible to find most highlights. Even broadcasters are interested in select few matches. Fact is BCCI never cared about fans. Finding old matches are difficult and even attending matches are a nightmare due to poor infrastructure.
Did Cricket Australia or ECB attract billions in media rights fee?

Do we know if the countries that you mentioned added a clause in the deal to share some digital footage with the cricket board?

In India, the bidder paid a premium for exclusive. So don't expect to watch it on YouTube. The entire point of paying for those rights are to make you spend more time on their respective app.

Did Cricket Australia or ECB attract billions in media rights fee?

Do we know if the countries that you mentioned added a clause in the deal to share some digital footage with the cricket board?

In India, the bidder paid a premium for exclusive. So don't expect to watch it on YouTube. The entire point of paying for those rights are to make you spend more time on their respective app.
I don't agree. Via short clips and highlights they are not losing revenue. They are losing new audience.

They are pointless target audience if you don't have the intent to open a app and watch the match for FREE. Highlights are available for free on JioCinema.
Read again what I said. JioCinema has some matches of last year.

Read again what I said. JioCinema has some matches of last year.
Then what is the problem?

JioCinema is inefficient in adding the entire library to their app but you can't expect BCCI to upload highlights on their official YT Channel or expect a particular venue like Wankhede Stadium to hold digital rights of the games that are played at the venue.

It doesn't work like that in India.

Then what is the problem?

JioCinema is inefficient in adding the entire library to their app but you can't expect BCCI to upload highlights on their official YT Channel or expect a particular venue like Wankhede Stadium to hold digital rights of the games that are played at the venue.

It doesn't work like that in India.
Problem is finding classic matches. And memories. IMO BCCI can do something like BCCI+ with classic matches and other cricket tutorial.

It doesn't work that way in India is because it's a pathetic market for sports.

Back
Top Bottom