Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,728
  • Views: Views 1,563,176

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
By Today Successfully Star Entering Into No Profit Zone

Give A Big Applause

Please share some proof about the same anna..... Sports business of Star India has always been loss making bcoz of very high cost India Cricket rights be it IPL, BCCI it buys as these get massive viewership......also other sporting properties like ICC Cricket World Cup do not generate much revenue as compared to cost incurred in buying rights and even broadcast rights of niche sporting properties like Premier League, Wimbledon are very costly but hardly generate any ad or subscription revenue

Incase of other genres Disney Star is doing extremely well and on OTT front too they r now focusing on building a balanced content line up so rather than just buying various costly sporting properties to drive up subscriber count, they r now investing in limited number of such sports rights while scaling up content available in other genres thereby limiting losses and widening the viewer base by attracting diverse audiences wherein Freemium business model will bring in more ad + subscription revenue.

Sony Pictures Networks India maybe overall profit making or in sports business too not generating much losses/earning some profits but still one cannot compare them to Disney-Star as not only Disney-Star has a much larger portfolio of channels and content on its OTT platform but both have entirely different content strategy across genres.....despite all this Disney-Star performing extremely well and i believe is the leading broadcast company in media landscape

Please share some proof about the same anna..... Sports business of Star India has always been loss making bcoz of very high cost India Cricket rights be it IPL, BCCI it buys as these get massive viewership......also other sporting properties like ICC Cricket World Cup do not generate much revenue as compared to cost incurred in buying rights and even broadcast rights of niche sporting properties like Premier League, Wimbledon are very costly but hardly generate any ad or subscription revenue

Incase of other genres Disney Star is doing extremely well and on OTT front too they r now focusing on building a balanced content line up so rather than just buying various costly sporting properties to drive up subscriber count, they r now investing in limited number of such sports rights while scaling up content available in other genres thereby limiting losses and widening the viewer base by attracting diverse audiences wherein Freemium business model will bring in more ad + subscription revenue.

Sony Pictures Networks India maybe overall profit making or in sports business too not generating much losses/earning some profits but still one cannot compare them to Disney-Star as not only Disney-Star has a much larger portfolio of channels and content on its OTT platform but both have entirely different content strategy across genres.....despite all this Disney-Star performing extremely well and i believe is the leading broadcast company in media landscape

Buddy! If I Need To Prove Someone To Something They Should Deserve It

According To Me In This Forum You're A ,,,,,,,,,,

@dino29 you are spamming in this forum for years now by writing 10 pages posts which sense zero… star is generating profit or loss how is affecting you why u get so much touchy or affected by this.. do your own work and chill dont get so emotional about everything that you write such lengthy post hardly anyone reads here..

No businessman or company does business by incurring losses. Expansion has been going on since the time when there was only one sports channel, today it has many channels and OTT. If there was a loss, it would have closed down long ago.It would shut down like Neo or it would look like Ten

Last edited:
Buddy! If I Need To Prove Someone To Something They Should Deserve It

According To Me In This Forum You're A ,,,,,,,,,,

Rules are meant to be same for everyone anna.....just bcoz u r a senior and respected member and have wrong perception about me bcoz of wrongly understanding / interpreting what i post in the forum that does not mean that when asked question u do not provide proof for such statements stating things like " a member does not deserve a response "

@dino29 you are spamming in this forum for years now by writing 10 pages posts which sense zero… star is generating profit or loss how is affecting you why u get so much touchy or affected by this.. do your own work and chill dont get so emotional about everything that you write such lengthy post hardly anyone reads here..

Buddy, if only u read my posts properly without having any predefined judgement on the same then ur opinion would have differed.....anyways buddy i do not spam but rather provide elaborate response to ur topic or question being discussed/asked hence if u don't like reading such posts then please ignore the same but request u to not make wrong allegations about it.

I am not sentimental or emotional about such things but a forum is meant for discussion and i have the right yo put forward my views complying with rules n regulations of the forum. If someone makes random or wrong comments then responding to it cannot be termed wrong.....there r members who say so many things when i state something without proof so asking @Vadirocks anna for proof regarding statement he made should also be considered valid rather than choosing to avoid giving the answer

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock