Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,773
  • Views: Views 1,570,826

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Hope star now go for Copa
Then Sony sports vs star
Euro vs copa
Last minute it can be taken but looks difficult as I read that nobody had taken the rights most probably and you can follow commentary on Sportstar most probably due to graveyard timings of matches.

Last minute it can be taken but looks difficult as I read that nobody had taken the rights most probably and you can follow commentary on Sportstar most probably due to graveyard timings of matches.
6:30am bad most of Argentina and Brazil match. yes 2 group stage Argentina match at 5:30 time atleast broadcaster make arrangements and show this 2 teams match as this 2 teams can grab enough eyeballs

Don't know what exactly broadcaster doing /want

Sports 18 showed bwf event at this time even WWE and nba also this time so what's the timing fuss it's bull s..t reason showed by broadcaster

6:30am bad most of Argentina and Brazil match. yes 2 group stage Argentina match at 5:30 time atleast broadcaster make arrangements and show this 2 teams match as this 2 teams can grab enough eyeballs

Don't know what exactly broadcaster doing /want

Sports 18 showed bwf event at this time even WWE and nba also this time so what's the timing fuss it's bull s..t reason showed by broadcaster
Bro there is no return on investment for broadcasters as sports broadcast require huge amount of money also advertisers are reluctant as it’s not India centric and does not grab eyeballs double the timing factor so the blackout. In fact fancode has also dropped out for the same reason as they cannot make money from this telecast .

How do the streaming services / channels recoup their investments on sports like baseball, golf, volleyball, which are often on at odd hours?

How do the streaming services / channels recoup their investments on sports like baseball, golf, volleyball, which are often on at odd hours?
In comparison to football they are not costly . So Ten Golf had shut down . IN between these 3 Volleyball has some following with local leagues too in India broadcast by Sony I guess . So its like you can say they take it on per events basis. There are other sports too like cycling etc and I guess they absorb the cost accordingly with at least a sponsor or some advertisements and it may happen the Indian broadcasters would have been approached to show them so that they are at a break even point. Sometimes they would have absorb the losses too as in streaming the costs may be less in comparison to proper satellite rights.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock