Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,442
  • Views Views: Views 1,672,265

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
nope only Sports18 3 & Khel Shutting down , from Star Sports - Select 2 & First will shutdown. Sports18 will continue until next year after MIB approval they'll rename to Star sports 4 & 5 mostly these are rumours.
oh ok, got confused as 90% of top executives are moved out of viacom18 sports

nope only Sports18 3 & Khel Shutting down , from Star Sports - Select 2 & First will shutdown. Sports18 will continue until next year after MIB approval they'll rename to Star sports 4 & 5 mostly these are rumours.
I don't think so. Why should they retain Sports18 when they have established Star Sports. Why should they retain Sports18 2 which has no contents. The website of Sports18 is messy. Also, Sports18 channels are no needed to rebrand as there are plenty of Star Sports channels. I think all Sports18 channels will be shut down soon.

I don't think so. Why should they retain Sports18 when they have established Star Sports. Why should they retain Sports18 2 which has no contents. The website of Sports18 is messy. Also, Sports18 channels are no needed to rebrand as there are plenty of Star Sports channels. I think all Sports18 channels will be shut down soon.
what i said have you read ? They'll continue until they get approval for name change which will happen next year after MIB Approvals .

Another day star sports messing with football centric channel as after star sports 3 ( launched only for football now busy with all type of content) now they looking to sports 18-3 shutdown.

I don't think Sports18 khel and Star sports first both will shut down. I think one from both will continue exclusively for DD Free Dish.

I want Star sports should be focused to Cricket and Sports18 should cover all other sporting events like BWF, Diamond League etc.
Channels should be
Star sports 1-2
Sports18 1-3
And a channel for DD Free Dish

they still promoting sports 18 ?
This is not SA20 promo. This is SA20 Auction promo, that scheduled after 5 days.

This is new channel 7 revamped graphics. This series is the start of the new 7 year deal between CA and Foxtel/7. Let's see if Fox changes their graphics or not we'll find out during Pakistan series

This is the old channel 7 graphics
FOX cricket and channel 7 graphics are same for AUS w vs NZ w series. I think they both will carry same graphics throughout the contract period

FOX cricket and channel 7 graphics are same for AUS w vs NZ w series. I think they both will carry same graphics throughout the contract period
Even in the previous cycle Fox cricket used channel 7's graphics for women's matches including WBBL. They use their own graphics only for men's matches.

Even in the previous cycle Fox cricket used channel 7's graphics for women's matches including WBBL. They use their own graphics only for men's matches.
Oh, I see. I think we only get to know if they both use same graphics or not only in Border Gavaskar Trophy. As Pakistan tour is only ODI/T20's and channel 7 doesn't have limited overs cricket rights

Back
Top Bottom