Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,673,932

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
ICC CWC 2023 to be hosted by India will be produced by Star Sports.
ICC never cancelled production rights of Sunset+Vine, just that events with hosting rights assigned to India qre produced by Star Sports, also, whoever has the production, AE live delivers the graphics, those chosen by ICC tv and Star Sports
It's a sunset + vine production not Star sports. Star sports will produce the 2023 men's world cup in India.

Source : Broadcast details of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 announced
ICC Test championship last event completely produced by Sunset + vine, As Star Sports Ground and Studio team production working with NEP Group india, NEP supports live broadcasting and technical service to Star Sports Production, Studio Team.

ICC Test championship last event completely produced by Sunset + vine, As Star Sports Ground and Studio team production working with NEP Group india, NEP supports live broadcasting and technical service to Star Sports Production, Studio Team.
Refer this:

It says : ICC TV is supported by production services partner Sunset+Vine and equipment services partner NEP Broadcast Solutions. AE Live will deliver the on-air graphics for the coverage.

Refer this:

It says : ICC TV is supported by production services partner Sunset+Vine and equipment services partner NEP Broadcast Solutions. AE Live will deliver the on-air graphics for the coverage.
It's doesn't mean Sunset + vine complete production who knows they're working under Global Media Rights holder Star Sports Production team or their partner NEP, let's wait till today's match end.

It's doesn't mean Sunset + vine complete production who knows they're working under Global Media Rights holder Star Sports Production team or their partner NEP, let's wait till today's match end.
2Zjn64r.jpg

This is what I was talking about

Whoever done Scoreboard and Graphics for English feed, As official broadcaster choose these Scoreboard and Graphics. Understand that international Production companies never produce Scoreboard, Graphics in Regional local language. same Scoreboard and graphics Reproduced by Star Sports production in Regional languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada for their Regional sports channels.

The Graphics are provided by AE live to both ICC TV and Star Sports (for events other than ICC), Star Sports chose these graphics in 2019 and interestingly hasn't changed these for this t20 world cup (may be because if production obligation with Sunset+Vine)
ICC also lists final vendors responsible for the Production and broadcast,
Sunset+Vine -> production
AE Live -> Graphics
NEP -> Equipment
DRS -> Hawk-Eye
Although ICC lists vendors, it isn't responsible to coordinate with them as they've assigned a production partner in Sunset+Vine/Star Sports (For events hosted by India), The same way as ICC lists final broadcasters for different regions, but Star Sports is responsible for assigning these rights to these broadcasters.

Star Sports network will distribute the English world feed across all matches

In host nation Australia, all matches will be live on Fox Sports and Kayo with Australia matches and selected other fixtures available via Nine, 9GEM and 9Now.

both these lines from same ICC Official article

Good thing is Star Sports continues doing Scoreboard and Graphics Production in Regional languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada with commentary. Except IPL, Sony never done Regional languages Scoreboard and Graphics Production for Sony Ten 3 and Sony Ten 4, I feel providing only Audio commentary doesn't make sense and they will never reach huge viewers.

I think Sony stays rent free on our heads. 🤣 Meanwhile it doesn't matter whether score cards in English or Hindi. People will still watch. I have seen people watch Star Sports 1 Hindi and feel irritated. I felt like writting to Star to add additional Hindi commentary to Star Sports 1 itself. They wanted to listen to commentary in Hindi but not read the scorecards in Hindi. 5-10 people can't read regional languages or recognising numbers. I can guarantee 9-10 forum's Hindi speaking members won't be able to even write alphabets in Hindi. Same members can easily say and write English alphabets. This is why state's broadcaster who gets the most viewership during cricket use to show graphics in English with Hindi and English commentary.

Back
Top Bottom