Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,557
  • Views: Views 1,505,050

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
They have rights for HBO content so the "rival " company logic does not hold true. As i have said HBO shows might be in top 10 list in English Content genre at various times but this again does not mean that these will big audience base...English GEC content itself has limited audience in India and within it HBO content would occupy some space.

All i said was that i do not know how platforms compile the Top 10 shows list, what is the factors taken into consideration to make such list? Is it based on random views a content gets or based on prolonged viewership it gets.

Yes, those opting for premium plans watch such content hence it is called niche genre. ..as HBO demanded higher price for agreement renewal hence it lead to Disney/Star not agreeing to it as same would not be a financially viable deal.

Ofcourse telecom bundle plans help expand reach/subscription of Disney+Hotstar and this will continue
English content is what kept OTT business alive. And they have data to back their charts.

Exactly.

Some won't understand even if a brick wall hits their face.

Do u know Disney+Hotstar has extremely large library of English GEC + Movies content and even International + Anime shows or are u thinking they had just HBO content ? HBO content itself was not the sole reason for niche subscribers to opt for their premium plans.

The idiom u have used against me holds no ground whatsoever :)

Best bet as an adtv subscriber
If you want to watch premer league and ipl also want spent less
Add star sports select channel coz 12:30am matches high chance live there and before 11pm matches active sports bouquets to avoid channel confusion

Do u know Disney+Hotstar has extremely large library of English GEC + Movies content and even International + Anime shows or are u thinking they had just HBO content ? HBO content itself was not the sole reason for niche subscribers to opt for their premium plans.

The idiom u have used against me holds no ground whatsoever :)
Why do they have same if there is minimal audience for English content? Fact is HBO is a top-tier that attracts majority of users. Star couldn't bank enough from last cycle of BCCI, IPL and ICC rights. They had to let other things go. Even some small time studio like TVF's youtube channel offers better webseries than Hotstar. Seems like they don't even money to bring good webseries.

Why do they have same if there is minimal audience for English content? Fact is HBO is a top-tier that attracts majority of users. Star couldn't bank enough from last cycle of BCCI, IPL and ICC rights. They had to let other things go. Even some small time studio like TVF's youtube channel offers better webseries than Hotstar. Seems like they don't even money to bring good webseries.

Bcoz of niche viewer base subscribes to premium plans and helps OTT platforms earn more revenue.

As far as web series or original Indian content is concerned i rate Sony Liv to be the best followed by Disney+Hotstar.....infact FYI Disney+Hotstar had the most number of shows in the Top 10 Indian Shows list which were streamed on OTT platforms.

For ICC, BCCI, IPL they have contunuosly grown immensely on viewership + subscription front and even broken many records. They let go off or entered into syndication agreements for some things like TV rights of ICC events as they r trying to streamline & build a business model where investments r financially viable and they r able to cater to concerned audience base in best possible manner via its TV Channels / OTT platforms.

I have explained all these things so many times before too but again u and some other members keep raising same questions / points :(

Pictures of fiba asia cup live on dd sports
Quality is very good by dd sports

W7mwJ1C.jpg

ifZD5J7.jpg

Bcoz of niche viewer base subscribes to premium plans and helps OTT platforms earn more revenue.

As far as web series or original Indian content is concerned i rate Sony Liv to be the best followed by Disney+Hotstar.....infact FYI Disney+Hotstar had the most number of shows in the Top 10 Indian Shows list which were streamed on OTT platforms.

For ICC, BCCI, IPL they have contunuosly grown immensely on viewership + subscription front and even broken many records. They let go off or entered into syndication agreements for some things like TV rights of ICC events as they r trying to streamline & build a business model where investments r financially viable and they r able to cater to concerned audience base in best possible manner via its TV Channels / OTT platforms.

I have explained all these things so many times before too but again u and some other members keep raising same questions / points :(
Yea. I won't believe the Top 10 List inside the Hotstar app but will cite a 3rd party questionable source, Ormax which doesn't even have the tech to measure viewership like Nielsen 🇺🇲

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock