Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,100
  • Views Views: Views 1,617,698

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Viacom need to broadcast around 70 Matches to 140 Days of Indian Domestic in TV. They need to launch at least 2 Channels.
They already got licence for Sports18-2 HD & SD even Sports18-1 Hindi,Tamil also,
Imo-they can launch these channels at anytime soon,

Offtopic- (Example-Saturday NDTV Rajasthan got licence and launching tuesday officially)
So Sports18 also very soon I think.

New Zealand cricket has only digital rights which is Amazon Prime, but there has no TV rights..so if they want they can sell their media again for only TV rights..
Is there any chances?
No NZ cricket has sold exclusive rights to Amazon. NZC can't do anything until the current deal ends. It's upto Amazon if they want to sub licence it or not

Last edited:
From Which Site I should Know About Current Digital Media Rights Details in Cricket Of every Country.

Viacom has to dedicate one channel for bcci matches. They can dedicate khel channel for all bcci domestic and international matches, as already dd sports covering india international matches
They already got licence for Sports18-2 HD & SD even Sports18-1 Hindi,Tamil also,
Imo-they can launch these channels at anytime soon,

Offtopic- (Example-Saturday NDTV Rajasthan got licence and launching tuesday officially)
So Sports18 also very soon I think.

Viacom has to dedicate one channel for bcci matches. They can dedicate khel channel for all bcci domestic and international matches, as already dd sports covering india international matches
If they do this then Sports18-1 HD & SD waste... channels,
What is the use in winning BCCI rights ? Only on Sports18 kheL means.

Back
Top Bottom