Sad News Star Bharat, Star Utsav, Sony Pal, Zee Anmol, Rishtey, Rishtey cineplex, Sony wah, Star Utsav Movies, 9X Jalwa will be not avilable on Dd free Dish

I think Zee Anmol will be shut down. Their FB page has gone silent since Feb 14. Also all these FTA channels namely Anmol, Pal, Utsav, Rishtey have taken many regular programs off air now and airing some other old stuff. I think Rishtey will become a dubbed south indian movie channel after revamp of Cineplex SD/HD.

Another thing though off topic w.r.t. Free Dish but relevant to this subject is future of Jeet Prime, I think Discovery has stole not locked in how they wish to take it forward. Till now it's social media pages have not been revived and channel itself is airing very unappealing and low key shows. Lots what they do, after failure of ID, Jeet, DSport, Turbo they have less reasons to be happy. Along with Turner they r most struggling network in India with most channels underperforming or big flop

As well as zee anmol cinema showing this message also . i like zee anmol cinema rather then zee anmol 😥

Yes, Anmol Cinema is a good channel but few months back they were even better with pure bollywood content. After Zee Bollywood started much of content on both these started to look similar hence dubbed cinema was added on Anmol Cinema. Now Zee has too many hindi movie channels, having Anmol Cinema is of little use if it gets dropped from Free Dish. Even Star Utsav is converting to Star Gold Family, Star is testing classic bollywood stuff on their channels post midnight. May be their English Kids Movie & a new Hindi Movie Channel will launch together in coming months. Sony might just discontinue Wah and start a urban centric Bollywood Channel too.

Hopefully, these channels will be closed permanently because I would wonder if someone pays money for old Hindi dramas :rolleyes: Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Rishtay and Sony Pal are even expensive to subscribe in 1 Rs for a DTH subscriber.

Hopefully, these channels will be closed permanently because I would wonder if someone pays money for old Hindi dramas :rolleyes: Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Rishtay and Sony Pal are even expensive to subscribe in 1 Rs for a DTH subscriber.

👇

There are some people who may give Rs.1 for Sony Wah type channels instead of spending Rs.19 on Sony Max

👇
greylala91 said:
There are some people who may give Rs.1 for Sony Wah type channels instead of spending Rs.19 on Sony Max
This is a problem, they have to 150 Rs + the 1 Rs. If these channels cost on 1 Rs then it's ok but unfortunately, a user cannot get these channels without paying 150 Rs 1st and also a user must have to choose a DTH 1st other than DD Free Dish. Once you are on any other DTH then chances are less to have these channels when u have Star plus and other channels

Last edited:
I think Zee Anmol will be shut down. Their FB page has gone silent since Feb 14. Also all these FTA channels namely Anmol, Pal, Utsav, Rishtey have taken many regular programs off air now and airing some other old stuff. I think Rishtey will become a dubbed south indian movie channel after revamp of Cineplex SD/HD.

Another thing though off topic w.r.t. Free Dish but relevant to this subject is future of Jeet Prime, I think Discovery has stole not locked in how they wish to take it forward. Till now it's social media pages have not been revived and channel itself is airing very unappealing and low key shows. Lots what they do, after failure of ID, Jeet, DSport, Turbo they have less reasons to be happy. Along with Turner they r most struggling network in India with most channels underperforming or big flop
I think all of them should either bring better old content. All of them except Utsav are horrible right now. Rishtey, the only good show is Madhubala. I think they should convert themselves into syndication/nostalgic channels like in America how many are and air 2000s shows..

Now the top 4 has only chance is that convert to new name and start new shows, paid customers not interested in watching old shows again, top paid channels also drop their trp due to new trai rule, check barc rating in between these months

'Broadcasters can't bundle FTA and Pay channels together in their bouquets'-this is the reason behind the conversion of FTA channels from big networks to paid. But those channels telecasts only old shows.Instead of subscription revenue those channels would target a high ad revenue through mass viewership (like earlier). So its had been better to retain them as FTA channels and make available in 130 base pack instead of adding in bouquets.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock