DDF Exclusive Star have withdrawn their all Kannada channels logo from Govt's logo approval website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe star Suvarna New logo using Suvarna word only Like star maa logo

I think after re-branding 'Asianet Suvarna' to 'Star Suvarna' they never changed the graphics.At the same time Asianet and Star Maa changed graphics two times. Star Suvarna's re-branding and package didn't worked well already and now its completely outdated.
They using same old graphics from many years

Last year Star Suvarna Remaked many serials and Reality Shows from Star maa
Only 3 Serials Orginal in Star Suvarna
Remaining all serials are copy from Telugu

Last year Star Suvarna Remaked many serials and Reality Shows from Star maa
Only 3 Serials Orginal in Star Suvarna
Remaining all serials are copy from Telugu
Most of all Star gec serials are mutual remakes. Among them Asianet,Star Maa serials become success.

Most of all Star gec serials are mutual remakes. Among them Asianet,Star Maa serials become success.
Among of them, most of the shows are remake of Star Jalsha's popular bengali shows.

Today I have found that Star have withdrawn their all Kannada channels like Star Suvarna, Star Suvarna HD & Star Suvarna Plus logo from the Govt's logo approval website.
At first I had searched them under Class 38, found all 3 logos are withdrawn by parent company just today.
Then, start searching them under Class 41, found same result.
Friends, withdrawn of any existing channels logo, means either channel is going to shut down or new logo will be introduced. But, there are no new logos are found by me on that website for above mentioning channels.
No idea, what is going to happen. Let's finger cross and hope for the best! 🙏
Your knowledge about trademarks is literally alarming @DreamFan

Firstly, this is not 'Government Logo Approval Website'; it is an industrial ministry website concerned with intellectual property where you can search for 'publicly available' trademarks.

Secondly, for any channel, it is NOT mandatory to have its logo registered under IP but is is suggested to have it registered for it to be safe and free from theft / misuse.

Thirdly, withdrawal of the trademark application doesn't mean that the channel is going to shut down. You can see many other logos of channels that are already shut down on the website. Withdrawal would be usually for legal reasons or transfer of ownership of trademark. Even if there is a re-brand, nobody will go and withdraw the trademark, instead they just file a new one. Also, in case of channels shutting down, nobody wants to withdraw trademark as it may lead to other companies registering a similar trademark which causes misuse of the brand.

Fourthly, the trademarks were not withdrawn 'today', it has been the same since more than a year.

Fifthly, I have been telling this many times; trademark registration and channel licenses are NOT interrelated. For launching a channel, MIB permission is mandatory but not trademark filing. Logo can be registered any time but as a safe practice, the companies register the logos well in advance.

Sixthly, when you are misinformed yourself, please don't connect all the inferences you have made and start a thread like this which causes chaos. Understand things before ranting your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock