Good News Star India on track to breach 400 million viewers mark in IPL 2021

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 14
  • Views Views: Views 2,015
LOL
But are they able to recover 16000 crores?
Due to Covid situation in India,they may not be able to recover money but new bid they will restrict thier bidding to workable profitable amount,most likely due to this Sony may bid higher to grab same if merger with Zee is finally coming.

16,347.50 crore Amount maybe small or Big for Competitors, Star still not Revealed how much they earn from syndication deal with foreign Broadcasters and Digital Rights holder Yupp TV
1UkY8rb.png

16,347.50 crore Amount maybe small or Big for Competitors, Star still not Revealed how much they earn from syndication deal with foreign Broadcasters and Digital Rights holder Yupp TV
1UkY8rb.png
Does syndication deal overseas makes any big difference here for a niche sport like cricket?
Due to Covid situation in India,they may not be able to recover money but new bid they will restrict thier bidding to workable profitable amount,most likely due to this Sony may bid higher to grab same if merger with Zee is finally coming.
COVID was in 2020 and 2021 cycle. I don't think it affected viewership or advertising. COVID actually came as blessing as it concided with festive season. They hiked up the advertising rates.

Covid must have helped getting more viewers indirectly more ad rates.
Otherwise situation would have been worser.
The broadcaster are spending big on cricket rights aiming more subscription revenue. But India is a price sensitive market. These statics will not work here. Which indirectly affecting investment in other sports. Most OTT subscribers have subscribed it through Flipkart coins/ other gift cards.

I have many people in sorrounding with big televisions i.e. above 50 inches. But still they prefer sd channels from local cable channels at low cost. Even 1 stb for multiple television sets. The cable operator show all indian matches through DD sports or any channel on their local channel.

Back
Top Bottom