Good News Star Jalsha turns 15 today!

JollyLNB

News Columnist
Reaction score
Sorry @Rajkumar anna but as a Bengali I feel I should create this thread. :lol:

Star’s first regional entertainment channel that was not acquired from another broadcaster was launched on 8 September 2008, followed by Star Pravah on 24 November 2008. Since then it has led the Bengali ratings chart almost entirely throughout its existence.

Our family historically didn’t watch it that much as we preferred the reality shows of Zee Bangla, whereas Star Jalsha was much more focused on serials like Star Plus is today, but since its rebrand in 2019 it has introduced many non-fiction shows as well. Also, its 2019 graphics package is my favourite of any regional channel and one of the best and most consistent Indian graphics packages overall. I plan to upload my recordings for that rebrand on Dailymotion today.

Moreover, Star Jalsha does not beat its drum about being the number one channel in the BARC ratings, unlike Star Pravah which never misses an opportunity to do so. As such it doesn’t get that much coverage on DDF compared to Star’s other regional channels.

স্টার জলসার ১৫তম জন্মদিনের অনেক শুভেচ্ছা। Happy 15th birthday! :cheers: :kiss2: :gift2:

KJj1xLj.jpg

Side note: I am actually thinking of creating a calendar of Indian TV channel birthdays in the coming weeks, so that we can all wish our favourite channels on their birthdays like we wish our fellow members. Hope you will like the idea. :tup:

My parents watch it for the serials it provide, but my parents watch all the bangali entertainment channels including sony aat except bengali movie channels and sun bangla. Good to see this thread.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock