Star Network channels won't be available in the US Cable TV services, to go Hotstar-only

no wonder why netflix/amazon prime is thriving there but hardly getting subscribes here

But question is how many customer will pay then to watch channels through HotStar and how many opted out for Jadu TV type set top boxes. A tablet is not an alternative to a TV
There are Firesticks, and android boxes that have Hotstar avaliable for download. However the price for Hotstar is far too much.
Jadoo is well known in America and other countries. I keep a Jadoo5 as a alternative if my fire tv box is acting up. It has all Star channels with VOD. So Star may unintentionally give Jadoo more sales.

Anyway, please change the thread title: Star Network channels shutting down in the US; to go Hotstar-only.

I was a little surprised by this move. Even channels that nobody watches like Sahara One are available on Dish Network/Sling TV in the US. But the picture quality on all Indian HD channels is poor here, and the ads for Prem Jyotish and the like are super annoying, so I'm not completely against the OTT push. It delivers an overall better presentation, although I doubt many will subscribe.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock