"Star Plus HD+1, Zee TV HD+1 & Sony HD+1" Added on TP 11630 V

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 13,728
Status
Not open for further replies.
AVinashraghav said:
I dont know bro weather tatasky limited to only india or not but here is an article which published in 2007 about tata sky in gulf countries

Gulf NRIs hook up to Indian DTH on the sly - timesofindia-economictimes

I Said services not connections...:k
TS satellite beams in some other countries too, but Tata Sky never resolve the issues outside India..:k
Using TS outside India is illegal did you know..?:huh

Personally if I have a choice between recording feature and time shift I would chose recording. This is just waste of transponder space. For TataSky it wouldn't be an issue now because they have vacant space, but ultimately users will have to foot the bill if this system catches on. I think it's a little too extravagant for a country like India. I do want the best technology here but this is beyond users's needs. In other countries they have only one language so very few channels are needed there. Not the case in India where we should be focusing on more content than repeating content.

On the other hand TS could sell this to TRP hunting channels looking for more audience for soap and serial and it could turn into a very profitable business. They will reap even more carriage fee with this system. But users need to ask if this feature is for Channel's sake or for viewers sake.

iphifi said:
Personally if I have a choice between recording feature and time shift I would chose recording. This is just waste of transponder space. For TataSky it wouldn't be an issue now because they have vacant space, but ultimately users will have to foot the bill if this system catches on. I think it's a little too extravagant for a country like India. I do want the best technology here but this is beyond users's needs. In other countries they have only one language so very few channels are needed there. Not the case in India where we should be focusing on more content than repeating content.

On the other hand TS could sell this to TRP hunting channels looking for more audience for soap and serial and it could turn into a very profitable business. They will reap even more carriage fee with this system. But users need to ask if this feature is for Channel's sake or for viewers sake.

Yep, good analysis. But I guess this is acceptable as TS has almost every significant channel on its platform.

Guys, why the hell this three big networks Star, Zee and Sony all of sudden will start thinking same i.e. Time shift Channels And why the hell these three biggies will invest hugely in launching a HD channel that too for the programmes which have already got premiered one hour back Also when they already get repeated 3 to 4 times on the respective channels And moreover they all are going to launch such useless HD channels (i.e. they can't generate even revenues also through ads in India) at once on Tatasky And Tatasky which is very choosy regarding contents started testing these 4 Time Shift HD channels also, It doesn't makes any sense anyhow, And one should know that its not UK its India, who is going to pay for these bakwaas Time Shift channels in India !!
I think, these all nerworks are going to launch one more new HD channel i.e. +1 HD channel from each network and Tatasky have added them in test mode on TPs with such code names and testing Colors HD, Zee Tv HD and Star Plus HD programmes on it for the time being now, whichmeans 4 new HD channels from these networks are very soon going to be added on Tatasky may be soon epg will also got updated by the actual name of the channels as soon as the channels get launched, Just wait and watch, They can't be Time Shift channels even though they look like that but be sure, it can't be that as Its India and I am dam sure of it, definitely some new HD channels are going to be launched on Tatasky very soon !!

I dont care skm bros words.He is wrong most times

@ iphifi & skm30. ... Great explanation and I absolutely agree with you.... makes lot of sense and we cannot compare India with UK, USA or Russia as they have different time zones and we don't. .. moreover there's recording facility available. .. hence this move will definitely take a turn.

intrinsicreality said:
The timeshift service would be run by TS not the providers. And most people don't have DVRs.
yes it's a service from TS if they start it,
Not from brodcaster.

Gssran said:
yes it's a service from TS if they start it,
Not from brodcaster.

Yes they will record hour by hour in thier hard disks and telecast to us in thier services juat like promo channels i think.

sudheep said:
I dont care skm bros words.He is wrong most times
I don't read at all as it is very uncomfortable to read single long paragraphs than multiple short paragraphs :shy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock