Star Plus Repeats & Zee TV Repeats will be dropped w.e.f. 15th April

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 4,863
Hindi music HD channels are needed.

Only MTV Beats HD is the HD Hindi Music Channel available presently in India. Sony Rox HD was an awesome channel but after they ran into agreement dispute over monetary issues and suffered setback, call was taken to drop it alongwith LePlex HD. MTunes HD was supposed to make a comeback but PEN India's plans fell flat soon after takeoff with Wow Music, 9XM has licence for HD feed but Silk Route is looking to sell off business since quite sometime hence plan put on hold for new ventures.

Hindi music HD channels are needed. It is a crying shame that Sony Rox HD was shut down. Other networks have to fill in the gap. I believe 9XM is the best positioned to launch an HD channel as most of the other networks are too small.

9xm running in loss so no chance

9XM has licence for HD feed but Silk Route is looking to sell off business since quite sometime hence plan put on hold for new ventures.
When did they got the license? :huh:
As far as I know, they've applied for the license but not yet got?

Actually, number of music channels are enough but for latest songs only two channels are there, MTV Beats & 9XM (Zoom doesn't have good library). We need a good music channel for latest hits that too in both feeds. Zee should launch a music channel under '&' portfolio. They planned it earlier & got the license also but later postponded the plan & renamed the license.

When did they got the license? :huh:
As far as I know, they've applied for the license but not yet got?

Actually, number of music channels are enough but for latest songs only two channels are there, MTV Beats & 9XM (Zoom doesn't have good library). We need a good music channel for latest hits that too in both feeds. Zee should launch a music channel under '&' portfolio. They planned it earlier & got the license also but later postponded the plan & renamed the license.

I remember seeing their name in some MIB document, guess u r right they had applied but haven't got permission yet.

Well to be realistic, we do not require more than 2 or 3 channels for latest and similar count for those featuring songs from past decades. Right now MTV Beats, 9XM and to some extent even Sony Mix is addressing the need for the former quite well & B4U, Mastiii, 9X Jalwa or even Sony Mix (during morning or noon block) adequately satisfies needs of 90's or retro fans. To be frank i think time is wasted unnecessarily surfing thru channels, best thing is to stay on a particular channel and enjoy songs. Continuosly changing channels spoils the game

Don't expect a good music channel from Zee, it has long standing dispute with T-Series and since almost a decade they don't air songs from this label. Zee Music Co. was started to take on T-Series but has failed after initial success. Zing is doing good for them in Youth Genre and at most u can expect it to be rebranded as &Youth.

Last edited:
Honestly Nat Geo Music HD, TravelXP HD, Jeet HD , Baby TV HD, Times Now HD, Cartoon Network HD, Aaj Tak HD aren't that much required or have any special content which makes it worthy to watch in HD Format. SD Feed is sufficient. Nat Geo People HD is by far the most well deserving among the niche category & should be added across platforms, it airs content much better than any of mainstream infotainment or lifestyle channels.
Aaj Tak HD is very important. It has very very few amount of ads. It should not be dropped. Others mentioned can be dropped.

It's good that they dropped them. They were in SD quality with small display size and ads were also included. Why would anyone watch it?

Actually, number of music channels are enough but for latest songs only two channels are there, MTV Beats & 9XM (Zoom doesn't have good library). We need a good music channel for latest hits that too in both feeds.
Zoom HD is actually a good idea. Times can certainly launch Zoom HD as it is a fairly decent Hindi music (+ Bollywood gossip) channel and Times can expand its HD portfolio nicely. Something is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock