Star World, Star World HD to air first season of ‘The Odd Couple’

• Thread starter Thread starter Vivek.d2h
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 1,218

Vivek.d2h

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Starting 18 December, Star World and Star World HD will air the first season of one of the American comedy – ‘The Odd Couple’. The show will air from Monday to Friday at 8:30 pm. The series stars Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon who are joined by an ensemble cast including Lindsay Sloane, Wendell Pierce and Yvette Nicole Brown. ‘The Odd Couple’ follows endearing slob Oscar Madison (Perry) and uptight neat freak Felix Unger (Lennon), two former college buddies who become unlikely roommates after the demise of their marriages. It’s not long after Oscar lets Felix move in that Oscar fears he’s made a monumental mistake. Oscar’s jack-of-all-trades assistant, Dani (Brown), and his long-time agent, Teddy (Pierce), have their hands full trying to keep Oscar’s career as a sports radio host on track as he deals with his new living situation. Fortunately, their quirky next door neighbour Emily (Sloane) helps Felix adapt to his new life as a bachelor and rein in his copious eccentricities. Despite how exasperated Oscar and Felix make each other, in the end, these mismatched friends agree they can help each other move on from their divorces and somehow make this crazy living arrangement work. Perry, who is not only starring, but is also an executive producer and co-wrote the pilot, said, “I was a huge fan of the movie. I was too young to have seen the play, but I was a huge fan of the movie and then a gigantic fan of the TV show. Oscar and Felix are two of the most seminal characters of all time, so to bring it back and then be lucky enough to find Tom Lennon who plays Felix – and he is Felix, like he is exactly like the character – is fortunate.” Lennon, who is also a huge fan of the original show, said, “Most shows like the great show “Friends” are a pairing of either two or more people who for some reason are disjointed and don’t quite go together and we are so lucky that we had the actual title from the Neil Simon (version).”

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/telev...rld-hd-to-air-first-season-of-the-odd-couple/ | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom